CJohn

The Conjuring 2 | June 10, 2016 | Let the RT Watch commence.

22 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Fast Five (A)

Everything else is mediocre to absolute garbage. I admittedly haven't seen 7.

So you are the one person in the world who hasn't seen it yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So you are the one person in the world who hasn't seen it yet. 

Well, most of the world that watched this movie were Chinese. Movie ticket prices probably average under 5 dollars (for 3D lol) and it made 391 million in China compared to 350 million in the states. That statistic is just amazing...

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I thought this was the Conjuring 2 thread? :thinking:

Will The Conjuring 2's RT score be O/U Furious 7's ? it is great to see it getting some decent reviews thus far especially considering it's a horror sequel. No matter what I think it'll stay fresh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Horror movie receiving good reviews? Guys, a ton of horror movies get good reviews on RT. Imo, horror movies have less reviewers than blockbusters, and those reviewers are usually already sold on the film. That said, I'm cheering for this movie to do well anyway. My wife loves James Wan.

Yeah but not the mainstream releases. Usually they are trashed. The Witch was the last one to get out unscathed and I don't agree with critics there. The indie one's fare better but they usually have way less reviews then these big releases.

Edited by somebody85

6 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

Pretty scathing from Consequence of sound.

"The Conjuring 2 is slick and stylish to the point of distraction; this isn't horror, this is exaggerated carnival fare."

Yeah but that was the original and Insidious. They are carnival fare movies. They are fun but they aren't "frightening" in the way psychological horror is. They just have to be fun. They have to have tension with the jumpscares.

So I'm not put off by that review.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Screw it, I'll poison the well:

Fast Five

Fast and Furious 6

Fast and Furious

Furious 7

The Fast and the Furious

Tokyo Drift

2 Fast 2 Furious

Fast and Furious 

The Fast and the Furious

The rest don't matter

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah but not the mainstream releases. Usually they are trashed. The Witch was the last one to get out unscathed and I don't agree with critics there. The indie one's fare better but they usually have way less reviews then these big releases.

I thought The Witch had amazing acting, if nothing else. My wife disliked it, as did the crowd we watched it with. This genre just has little effect on me. None of these movies are scary. I liked Nightmare on Elm Street from the 80s for it's original concept, and maybe Cabin In The Woods and the original Saw. I liked Annabelle for the main characters because I didn't find anything in it to be creepy, let alone scary. Still going to cheer for the success of this one though...