CJohn

The Conjuring 2 | June 10, 2016 | Let the RT Watch commence.

16 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It was trending yesterday at Twitter, the buzz still here, if it delivers as the first movie, another $100m grosser is pretty much possible 

Yeah, I was thinking this would get crushed among all the competition this summer, but the trailer is very promising and I suppose it doesn't have much for direct competition. 100m+ seems back on track. 

• Like 2

Saw the trailer for this in front of The Revanent and wow for some reason I had no idea this was coming out.  I'm so down, love the first one.  I think the problem with most horror movies today is that they're either really dumb or just more entertaining than scary.  The Conjuring was a genuinely creepy movie that never lost traction.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Saw the trailer for this in front of The Revanent and wow for some reason I had no idea this was coming out.  I'm so down, love the first one.  I think the problem with most horror movies today is that they're either really dumb or just more entertaining than scary.  The Conjuring was a genuinely creepy movie that never lost traction.

I really enjoyed the mature film-making too. A smart script, good actors and performances, worthwhile production values. Just don't get that much in the genre anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Posters for The Conjuring 2 saying "From the director of Saw and Insious" is pointless when The Conjuring made more than any of those films.

agreed, it actually could be a disadvantage instead of a plus to put that on the posters.  I think most would want to just know it is a direct sequel of the first one which people thought was good.

• Like 1