Olive

Thurs Early #s:DM2 5m,Turbo 4.2,GU2 3.8,PR 3.1(Rth)/Conjuring 3.3M prev.

"The Conjuring" looks like it has to offer much more than just an internet-hype, so it should be able to top "The Purge" easily.

The Purge wasn't just internet hype imo. It had that theme of chaos and anarchy that made people curious. No matter how bad word of mouth was people still had to see it for themselves.

• Like 1

"The Conjuring" looks like it has to offer much more than just an internet-hype, so it should be able to top "The Purge" easily.

Really? from the trailer it looks like Preset #3 for supernatural horror. Nothing new. The Purge, at least has a new premise, which was wasted or at least not exploited, but Conjuring looks like every other horror movie these days to me.

• Like 1

Really? from the trailer it looks like Preset #3 for supernatural horror. Nothing new. The Purge, at least has a new premise, which was wasted or at least not exploited, but Conjuring looks like every other horror movie these days to me.

The Purge had a great premise, but it was executed very poorly.

The Conjuring has a basic premise, but it is executed brilliantly.

I'll take the brilliant execution every day and twice on Sunday.

Edited by Omega Shrinkage
  • Like 2

The Purge had a great premise, but it was executed very poorly.

The Conjuring has a basic premise, but it is executed brilliantly.

That's what I'm hearing.

Have you seen the Conjuring yet?

Burn me at the stake for saying this, but while I found the Conjuring very good, I'm hesitant to call it "great" or "incredibly scary," to be honest, and I get scared shitless of most things. It was very much just a well done exorcism/demon movie, not really a great haunted house. My audience seemed to feel the same way- liked it, not loved it. Should have good legs for a horror movie, but not for a movie in general by any means. Much closer in quality to something like the Grudge than the Ring or the first Paranormal Activity. 

• Like 3

Burn me at the stake for saying this, but while I found the Conjuring very good, I'm hesitant to call it "great" or "incredibly scary," to be honest, and I get scared shitless of most things. It was very much just a well done exorcism/demon movie, not really a great haunted house. My audience seemed to feel the same way- liked it, not loved it. Should have good legs for a horror movie, but not for a movie in general by any means. Much closer in quality to something like the Grudge than the Ring or the first Paranormal Activity. 

I see people comparing it to The Omen. If it's on that level I'm in.

DWA is really at risk of becoming a second-tier animation studio. They'd better milk Dragon 2 for all its worth and then some next year.

I agree that they may be in trouble of losing their status in the market. Especially with Illumination blowing up these past few years and WDA back on their A game. Edited by MovieMan89