Olive

Thurs Early #s:DM2 5m,Turbo 4.2,GU2 3.8,PR 3.1(Rth)/Conjuring 3.3M prev.

Turbo number while it looks bad is kind of normal, isn't it?  Shrek 2 fell 22% on Thursday, Tangled fell 32% on its first Thurs.  And getting away from animated films, Batman Begins fell 40% on its first Thurs.

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting it to do.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 4

Turbo number while it looks bad is kind of normal, isn't it?  Shrek 2 fell 22% on Thursday, Tangled fell 32% on its first Thurs.  And getting away from animated films, Batman Begins fell 40% on its first Thurs.

Whether it's expected or not is sorta irrelevant when it cost $135 million to make.

Whether it's expected or not is sorta irrelevant when it cost $135 million to make.

It's two days in. Let's see what it does the rest of its run and internationally.

• Like 1

It might be normal but all 3 of your examples opened at different times of the year. We're in the middle of summer holidays so this is definitely a worrying sign as it's not jumping 100% today but you may be right so it's best to wait and see. 

It might be normal but all 3 of your examples opened at different times of the year. We're in the middle of summer holidays so this is definitely a worrying sign as it's not jumping 100% today but you may be right so it's best to wait and see. 

I agree. shrek 2 was in May. Tangled was in November. Batman Begins was in June. Those aren't summer months. I don't think the drop should be that high. But I'll wait until the weekend numbers!

I agree. shrek 2 was in May. Tangled was in November. Batman Begins was in June. Those aren't summer months. I don't think the drop should be that high. But I'll wait until the weekend numbers!

Yep. I'll also wait to write an eulogy until after the OW but it's not looking good.