Olive

Thurs Early #s:DM2 5m,Turbo 4.2,GU2 3.8,PR 3.1(Rth)/Conjuring 3.3M prev.

I guess this isn't enough to constitute a Friday numbers thread, but:@AmyKinLA Early #s just came in, and oy: #RIPD may open w/ no more than $12m. #Turbo could also lose to #Red2, but they're both around $23m right now.7/19/13 12:58 PM

That would be horrible for RIPD. But good for my BSG this week :P
  • Like 1

Good for Red2. And as for Turbo, ever since The news broke years ago that Dreamworks would make this, I have been waiting to hear that this would fail. Although Dreamworks will probably recoup costs through DVD sales/ merchandise.

Incredibly unlikely that they will ever turn a profit on this movie unless the box office turns around.  

$135m is just the production budget.  Once you factor in marketing, the costs go up to the $200m area.

• Like 1

Incredibly unlikely that they will ever turn a profit on this movie unless the box office turns around.  

$135m is just the production budget.  Once you factor in marketing, the costs go up to the $200m area.

DreamWorks Animation films have global marketing and distribution costs of way more than $65 million.

@s_oldham: "R.I.P.D." is currently 10% behind "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" which only did $10.5M. Ouch.Funny story: I'll be paying to see Scott Pilgrim tonight, three years after its release. I won't be paying to see RIPD.

• Like 2

@s_oldham: "R.I.P.D." is currently 10% behind "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" which only did $10.5M. Ouch.Funny story: I'll be paying to see Scott Pilgrim tonight, three years after its release. I won't be paying to see RIPD.

Scott Pilgrim is already on track of becoming a cult hit. It's such a ridiculously fun movie. I notice something new every time I watch it, and I've seen it a ton of times.

• Like 1

Scott Pilgrim is already on track of becoming a cult hit. It's such a ridiculously fun movie. I notice something new every time I watch it, and I've seen it a ton of times.

I would say it already is a cult hit haha

TITE and NYSM have started losing a lot of theaters now. The 4 releases this week hurt them as well. Also, WHD is fading much faster than I expected, OHF really stole its thunder completely.

yeah both are almost gonna make nothing more significant imo :(