Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

Why can't original films succeed?Then we can have Lone Ranger 2, RIPD 2 and After Earth 2 instead of Avengers 2/SW7/Finding Dory.Admit it. Other than Pacific Rim the audience has been making the right picks.

Pacific Rim being ignored is also apropos as well imo.

• Like 3

This is all predicated on me knowing who LEXG is.

This is true. It's wrong to assume everybody follows him on Twitter and knows his sense of humor. Even still, it's funny to see people up in arms about Red 1.

• Like 3

WHD, TLR, PR, and RIPD will all fail to make 100M. These last four weeks have definitely delivered as the month of the bomb.

Is PR really going to miss 100? I haven't calculated it out but is it really possible?

• Like 1

This is true. It's wrong to assume everybody follows him on Twitter and knows his sense of humor. Even still, it's funny to see people up in arms about Red 1.

I wasn't up in arms about it but I just didn't get why the joke was funny.  i feel like I missed out on something.

here's a case of a title been ill-fated from conception , maybe it will have life after on dvd shelves etc 

i guess in the men in black department will smith 3rd outing trumps ryan reynolds attempt

i've been meaning to go see pacific rim for a week now and just haven't had opportunity maybe tomorrow

Is PR really going to miss 100? I haven't calculated it out but is it really possible?

56% drop forecast. the multiplier will be in the mid 2's which is a small miss of $100m

e.g.

pac rim $52mil currently

set for $16.5mil gross(-56%)

add dailys for 4 days next week ~$6m

add 3rd weekend -52% = 7.9m

add dailys 3rd weekdays $2.5m

add 4th weekend $3.9m

add remaining daily's till end of run- $2.5m

add last big weekend $2m

add extra $3m buffer for remaining weekends

= $97m.

looks like a miss.

Edited by Halba

Why can't original films succeed?

Then we can have Lone Ranger 2, RIPD 2 and After Earth 2 instead of Avengers 2/SW7/Finding Dory.

Admit it. Other than Pacific Rim STID, the audience has been making the right picks.

Fixed

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

@LexG_III

All these movies with plots about GOVERNMENT LEVELS and SCIENCE and HISTORY, how does ANYBODY KNOW THAT SHIT? Is it all made up?

7/17/13 2:58 AM

@LexG_III

Like PACIFIC RIM or INCEPTION, who can think of DIFFERENT LEVELS and DNA and SCIENCE shit? Who knows ANYTHING about science?

7/17/13 3:00 AM

you skipped out on the best Lex tweet from the past couple days.

The main dude STEVE SNATCH in PUSSYMAN 4 looks like Steve from early Married with Children. Every scene is strong. Great 1993 sheen

• Like 4