Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

Im indifferent to him

Me too. He's okay, I find nothing special that make me like/love him, but I don't find anything offending or hateful about him either.
  • Like 1

I don't hate the guy I'm just not interested in him as an actor. If I was told for some reason that I was never allowed to watch another Ryan Reynolds performance again I'd probably be ok with it.

yep pretty much feel the same I cant even remember a performance of his I really remember maybe buried.

I'm honestly curious: why all the RR hate?

The way you feel about Michelle Monaghan, that's how I feel about Ryan Reynolds

There's just something that's super annoying about him

• Like 3

So basically no one should ever spend a lot of money on an original or non-sequel property ever again.

I think you need to have a great concept and script and big names to be involved. I wouldn't give $200 + million for an original (non adaptation, brand or sequel) movie unless it had someone like Nolan, Cameron or Spielberg directing and famous names involved who can do the press arounds around the world.

I'd only give $150 + million if big names were involved  or for projects with good prerecognition (adaption of a big bestseller).

Reading and hearing production stories has made me aware how much money is being wasted in Hollywood by incompetent producers, directors who are not prepared enough by the time filming starts, endless script doctoring and insistence of building too much from the scratch. Besides the cost of a movie is not directly related to my enjoyment of it. Despicable Me movies cost less than $100 million, Iron Man was better than the sequels even with a much lower budget etc. Personally my favourite movies tend to come at the end of the year and cost much less than your average studio pic.

I'm not advocating making only mid-sized studio pictures but the summer schedule looked unsustainable with too many big budget movies coming out at the same time and competing for attention. 2015 looks stuffed with huge sequels already so if I were a studio boss, I'd concentrate on making my non-sequels that year for a cheaper budget instead of making big budget wannabe franchise starters.

• Like 1

I'm watching that movie SWAT with Colin Farrell. No joke, when this came out back in 03 I told my friends "guys, I think I've just seen the greatest movie I will ever see" or some bullshit. It's really not that good.

• Like 1

40m+ is happening for The Conjuring. The demons won't be pleased but I sure am. Breakout performer of the month. 

7-8 is solid for RED 2 given how quiet its release feels (first one was liked, that's all that matters) and solid for Turbo given its low Thursday. 

5 is too high for RIFD. Make it lower, RTH! 

• Like 2