baumer

Wednesday #s RTH

X-Men: Days of Future Past will open to $100M+.

The Wolverine will not.

One of my most if not the most anticipated for next year.

• Like 5

It won't happen. Only X-Men 3 opened over 100M. Origins did 85M. If this Wolverine makes over 70M, it is already a fantastic opening.

I'm aware of that, I'll be happy with anything over $60m for this. But my crazy wild longshot of prediction goes for The Wolverine this year. I'm hoping that it'll become just a monster and break into $100m, or at least get close to that. 

• Like 2

If Wolverine opens with 70-74M, 100M are a safe bet for DoFP. If Wolverine opens with 75-80M, 100M are almost lock (may pull a FF6). If Wolverine opens with 80M+, the sky is the limit for DoFP.

• Like 2

One of my most if not the most anticipated for next year.

Same. My most anticipated movies in 2014 by order are:

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Captain America: Winter Soldier

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past

I feel like X-Men could go up with a good trailer, but I find it very hard to get more excited than GotG. Prior to Comic-Con, it was the least anticipated film among those I'm waiting for 2014, now it's almost tied with TASM2. I feel like GotG will be just a fucking monster of a film, and could very well make more than MoS is doing at box office. That's just how fucking powerful Marvel is right now, even a movie with a talking racoon can get you excited as fuck. 

What the GA is anticipating for 2014 intrigues me a lot. I'd say that it's a toss between TASM2 and DoFP, with CA: WS as a very close third, since it's still a huge part of what TA2 will be all about. GotG I'd say it's the Dark Horse, but I can't help but be excited about what they are going for with that film. 

EDIT: With that said, I wouldn't understimate CA: WS's potential at the box office, since it'll be the "first" summer film in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight for the #1 superhero top spot goes between TASM2 and CA instead DoFP. It's still the biggest Marvel Studios film in 2014. 

Edited by iHowlett
  • Like 2

CA has no chance to beat tasm WW

I don't think it can, neither DOM or OS. But I think that people could be surprised how big Captain America: Winter Soldier could possibly go. It'll be the first real blockbuster of 2014 and it's going to be promoted as the last step before The Avengers. I can see it breaking or almost breaking into $300m DOM, while I can see TASM2 around $350m-$400m DOM. 

DoFP in other hand I can see it becoming the first X-Men film to make more than $500m WW, but I'm still not sure it'll be able to make more than $300m. I just have a feeling that will happen with both CA: WS and TASM2 but not with DoFP. 

With Cobie Smulders and Emily VanCamp in it I'm already far more interested in the new CA than the first one.

Lot of interesting supporting characters, starring Black Widow, Falcon, Nick Fury, acclaimed storyline from the comics, heavily promoted by Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.... CA: WS could very likely become a monster at the box office. 

Edited by iHowlett

Cap Winter Soldier easily sounds more interesting than TASM2 which is another science experiment gone wrong by someone who feels they've been put upon by "the man". Cap is going to be a political thriller with superheroes, very different for not only the genre but different in tone than the prior installment.

My order of Anticipation for 2014 superhero films is:

[*]Captain America Winter Soldier [*]Guardians of the Galaxy [*]X-Men Days of Future Past [*]300 Rise of an Empire [*]Amazing Spider-man 2 [*]Sin City: A Dame to Kill For [*]Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

They've had a long healthy run in comics at almost the same time they hit toy shelves. So if anyone thinks putting Transformers 4 on the list is fair game it would go between X-Men & 300 RoaE

• Like 1

They've had a long healthy run in comics at almost the same time they hit toy shelves. So if anyone thinks putting Transformers 4 on the list is fair game it would go between X-Men & 300 RoaE

I always think of Transformers as an animated series and toy line first. That's the same way I think of GI Joe. When I think of CBM's, I never really think of the aforementioned in that way.

OT but are there anyone from India here???

(need to know for selfish reasons b/c I want to know Nysm release date there :D )

Movie already released, I think the same weekend or the weekend after US release. Obviously as non-publicised R-rated movie, Unlike Hangover-3, it didn't do much business. Didn't even release in the 3 screen theater closest to me.

• Like 1