RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

is DOFP going ot have lots of action and destruction in it?

If there are Sentinels involved, probably.

If Mark Strong is in Days of Future Past, all bets are off. Everybody has been waiting for years to see him as Professor X.

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 2

The last two X-Men films had shitty marketing. No "hooks" to entice the general public. In both cases a late surge of great buzz and reviews were thought to be enough to overcome crappy campaigns and they didn't.

Days of Future Past is Fast & Furious 4. A return of all the original cast we know and love and the new favorites.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

Some of you guys are nuts. Days of Future Past is opening to $100M+.

It depends on FOX. If they can saturate the market like WB did MOS or Disney with IM3 then I can see 100M+ but GA doesn't have a lot of faith in FOX produced X-Men so they need to produce awesome trailers to ratchet up the buzz. 

The last two X-Men films had shitty marketing. No "hooks" to entice the general public. Days of Future Past is Fast & Furious 4. A return of all the original cast we know and love and the new favorites.

That's a nice comparison. I like that. I think the return of the old cast will be highly appealing.

And go J-Law!

Some of you guys are nuts. Days of Future Past is opening to $100M+.

There's a lot of reverence for McKellen and Stewart as these characters, and the teamup with them and the First Class guys and Wolverine for what seems like an 'epic' story is what will make the film an event next summer instead of another blockbuster. 300 is happening easy IMO.

Wouldn't the Wolverine beating First Class, make Wolverine a success? :mellow:

Sort of. I'm really gonna see this to see the mid credits scene at the theater.
  • Like 2

Wouldn't the Wolverine beating First Class, make Wolverine a success? :mellow:

It's a success not only the lower budget but higher gross from FC WW so Wolverine's still the ace in the hole for FOX.