RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

That is AMAZING for The Conjuring. Wow.

$7.2m Friday? It's gonna drop less than 50%...when's that happened before to a breakout horror movie?![/

quote]

Example on Australia where horror usually doesn't do well, 2 days into 2nd wkend it's only down 14%

• Like 1

Fri looking likeTC 20.5-22,TC 7.2,DM2 4.6, Tur 3.9,GU2 3.65,R2 2.7,SR 2.2, TH 2,RFID 1.6

Solid for TW.

TC 70%+ jump  :o, amazing hold for TC.

DM2 43%

Tur  50%

GU2 53%

R2 69%

SR 25%

TH 63%

RFID 33%

• Like 2

what  it  now domestically and Worldwide K1st ? :-/ Shoot my hopes for this and Lone Ranger arent panning out well at all... Ouch!

So far, what I can see is that DOM it's only made 76M and WW it's at 186M on a 190M budget.... :huh:

So much for a sequel.

115-120m finish for Conjuring?

$115m is locked without a doubt. It's gonna be around $85m by the end of the weekend and will be around $95m-$97m by next Friday. $120m is going to happen. 

• Like 3

Agreed TW didnt want to spend much on the advertising to get more on the film out there, so looks like being cheap backfired and just didnt find the audience.. So much for sequel talks for Del Toro :(

Nah, there was plenty of marketing, it just didn't work IMO.

Nah, there was plenty of marketing, it just didn't work IMO.

no  there wasnt ... TW spent very lil on advertising. I barely saw this on TV...BOF...And Im in NYC.. No huge bill boards or anything either. But I cant blame TW,  every film has to be self contained. They are only extending in marketing for their true tentpoles.

GU2 is heading for about a 12.5 mill weekend and that's about a 37% drop.  We might think it's an awful movie, but legs are going to take this past 120.

• Like 3

So far, what I can see is that DOM it's only made 76M and WW it's at 186M on a 190M budget.... :huh:

So much for a sequel.

So much for a sequel.

Yep  big damn flop...Feel bad for Del-Toro TW really gave him a shot here. How many territories has PR been released in. Are the all the big money maker zones in play for it?

no  there wasnt ... TW spent very lil on advertising. I barely saw this on TV...BOF...And Im in NYC.. No huge bill boards or anything either. But I cant blame TW,  every film has to be self contained. They are only extending in marketing for their true tentpoles.

There was advertising, it just went for the wrong demographic.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

The Conjuring is the surprise of the summer. Sub 50% drop is possible with that gigantic Friday jump and it should be able to hit 120M+.  :o

Wan is the king of horror WOM apparently. The genre can almost never get 3x multis, yet he's on his way to his third 3x multi horror flick.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1