RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

Iron Man 3 wasn't even a serious superhero movie and I don't know how if could be considered one if it didn't have Iron Man in the title. It was a farce comedy with remote controlled suits. 

Just 'coz it didn't take itself as seriously as Syrian conflicts like one MoS doesn't mean it was a farce comedy. It had its themes under its lightheartedness, actually making it layered. Even if it were a farce (which it wasn't, satire is a more fitting word), it had a lot more to tell than MoS which was all pretense.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 6

:thinking: This is bizzare that conjuring is beating up on PR? lol

Having seen both I can see why. Conjuring is easy enough to latch onto. It's a good little mystery horror.  It reminded me of The Innocents or The Turn of The Screw.

Just 'coz it didn't take itself as seriously as Syrian conflicts like one MoS doesn't mean it was a farce comedy. It had its themes under its lightheartedness, actually making it layered. Even if it were a farce (which it wasn't, satire is a more fitting word), it had a lot more to tell than MoS which was all pretense.

And that's exactly why Iron Man 3 is one of my all time favorite superhero films and easily the best Iron Man film to date. 

• Like 1

MOS deserves it. It's literally all style and no substance, which is Snyder down to a tee so I'm not surprised.

I don't blame Snyder not even half as much as I do with Goyer's screenplay. I wish MoS and the sequels had a different screenwriter, a real good one paired with a visual actor like Snyder could be incredible, and that would make me very excited. Unfortunately that wasn't the road that Warner took. 

TW may be disappointing DOM but it is scoring 2nd best OS opening of year-to-date, only behind IM3.

This is awesome. I'm kinda sad for seeing not opening as huge as I've hoped for, but as I've been saying,anything over $60m would make me happy, so I'm good. 

• Like 1

Well, blame other big movies like WWZ, MU, DM2 and MoS that they did not open in many OS markets during OWs ...

Why should I blame them? I know what those numbers mean and to celebrate Wolerine as the second biggest OW of the year is ridiculous, as it means nothing.

Sorta disappointing for Wolverine. The Conjuring's hold makes up for it though.

Well, I kinda expect it to do $70M OW but at least there is still a substantial fan base for the character, and not bombing at $30M+

Edited by zackzack