RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

How did the Friday numbers thread become about Interstellar and Mockingjay?  How long was I asleep?  What year is this?  Did I fall through a wormhole?

All threads eventually become about Nolan or Cameron or Star Wars or Marvel or Jennifer Lawrence or some clash between two of them

• Like 4

Oh, come on, most of us have already eaten our crow, and now we have The Conjuring to root for.

What are you talking about? He's clearly never been wrong about ANYTHING in his life. I'd rather be an optimist and be proven wrong, than a pessimist and be proved right.
  • Like 1

go read the Pacific Rim thread (especially when the trailer just released) and you will see why so many people are laughing now

Exactly. It's not that I feel the need to "pick on" the Rimmers to be a bully, but it got tiring arguing the reasons why it looked like a flop for months on end and having(some) fanboys insist those reasons were invalid. It's just nice to finally not have to argue with that anymore.

• Like 1

Exactly. It's not that I feel the need to "pick on" the Rimmers to be a bully, but it got tiring arguing the reasons why it looked like a flop for months on end and having(some) fanboys insist those reasons were invalid. It's just nice to finally not have to argue with that anymore.

yeah people were clearly explaining why this looked like an obvious flop right from the beginning yet people just pretended you were talking nonsense

one of the most hilarious parts of the PR thread is when you see people make comparisons to Avatar and Inception, yet one some people pointed out what it really looked like (Transformers) they got all mad saying how it looked absolutely nothing like it and the GA wouldn't think that at all

• Like 3

I weep for the bully that has to pick on those that were wrong.

The bullies were those who refused to acknowledge Pacific Rim might not do well and got ugly about it. Rewrite history all you want. But some of them are downright asshole-ish about it. So yes I will laugh. They deserve it.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

Every single movie thread on this forum has its defenders and it's detractors. Pacific Rim is no different. Someone always think that a movie is going to do better than it ultimately will. Someone always thinks that a movie will do worse than it actually does. There were a few of us that thought it would do very well. I, for one, thought it would have fantastic legs. I was very, very wrong. I have admitted to being wrong many times over. I don't know if all the other defenders in all the other threads had to do as much apologizing for being wrong as I have. I'm sorry! I was wrong! Now get the fuck over it and move the fuck along, PLEASE!
  • Like 9

The bullies were those who refused to acknowledge Pacific Rim might not do well and got ugly about it. Rewrite history all you want. But some of them are downright asshole-ish about it. So yes I will laugh. They deserve it.

"Cough" Neo"cough"

Nothing like ugly winners...

So are you implying you're a pretty loser then? :P

Seriously though, I'm not even trying to single anyone out on PR at this point. Just more reveling in the fact that I no longer have to argue with people for why my reasons it won't do well actually hold water.