kayumanggi

Mojo Thursday Numbers

New Moon 5-day drop: 53.6%BD1 estimated 5-day drop: ~60%New Moon 3-day drop: 70.0%BD1 estimated 3-day (34-35m would be my guess) drop: ~75%So 275m is indeed in trouble if this pattern continues.

Edited by C00k13

New Moon 5-day drop: 53.6% BD1 estimated 5-day drop: ~60% New Moon 3-day drop: 70.0% BD1 estimated 3-day (34-35m would be my guess) drop: ~75% So 275m is indeed in trouble if this pattern continues.

Drops haven't been good so far. It needs a big increase tomorrow or it will go under 280M.

If Muppets follows Tangled from here on out-6.6m Wednesday5.9m Thursday14.3m Friday (142%)13.6m Saturday (-5%)7.8m Sunday35.7m weekend, 48.2m 5-day

I think Muppets is more likely to follow Enchanted than Tangled. I'd be willing to bet Tangled skewed considerably younger, especially early in its run, and that's why it dropped significantly harder on Thanksgiving day than either Enchanted or The Muppets. In any case, whatever the reason for the drop, the fact that Muppets had a significantly smaller Thanksgiving decrease than Tangled is probably a good indication that it will also have a smaller Black Friday increase.If it followed Enchanted from here on out we would have6.6M Wed5.9M Thurs12.7M Fri11.5M Sat6.3M Sun30.5M wknd, 43M 5-dayFrankly, that sounds much more likely to me than having both its first two days be significantly below Enchanted but its 5-day total less than a million behind, which is what you get with the scenario where it follows Tangled from here on out.

Just for the record, it's not awful for Twilight. The only day it hasn't performed almost identically to NM is Wednesday. The drop yesterday is very consistent to NM's.

Just for the record, it's not awful for Twilight. The only day it hasn't performed almost identically to NM is Wednesday. The drop yesterday is very consistent to NM's.

Wouldn't its box office correct itself from Wednesday, though? If it follows NM's jumps for the rest of the weekend it makes 36m, or a -74% drop from last weekend, enough that 270m would be in doubt. It could do better today, but like you said, besides Wednesday it's been following NM to a tee.

Wouldn't its box office correct itself from Wednesday, though? If it follows NM's jumps for the rest of the weekend it makes 36m, or a -74% drop from last weekend, enough that 270m would be in doubt. It could do better today, but like you said, besides Wednesday it's been following NM to a tee.

Nothing has followed a pattern this year to a tee when it comes to Thanksgiving week number. Look at 2009's Thanksgiving numbers:http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2009-11-26&track=newmoon.htmIt just looks different...I don't know.