Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

No. No and No.

Listen. If the studio chain wants to show their movie it's their right. If people go watch the movie in theaters, it's their own decision. People can stay at home if they don't feel safe. Literally no one forces them to watch the movie. Want to go? Fine go. No? Stay at home.

Literally no reason to sue anyone because of that.

they can still sue and create bad publicity for the theaters. 

• Like 1

they can still sue and create bad publicity for the theaters. 

That way I can randomly sue a company for not having toilet paper, and it would create bad publicity. I doubt people would think 'Oh yeah, fuck that theater that got attacked by some North Korean terrorists. I know they weren't at fault, BUT FUCK THAT THEATER'

It's like getting hit by a car and then suing the car manufacturer...

• Like 2

Congrats, the "terrorists" won. Jesus, America is threatend every day. Malls, schools, hell even grocery stores. Wasnt a Walmart threatend a couple months ago? These hackers are using a fear tactic. Theyre not gonna 9/11 us, but they know after 9/11, we'll cowar because the last thing any American wants is 9/11 2.

You dont even have to plan blowing up the buiding, you just have to say you will and people snap. Like I said, the government doesnt give in to terrorists and the chains shouldnt either. Taliban, ISIS, Illuminati, etc, none of them have tried attacking 3,000+ theaters, but we think some nerds with hardrives will? Im ashamed they gave in. We're the #1 country in the world, we dont give in, we do the giving out. But whatever. I guess letting people watch on demand would be safer...unless the hackers blow up all our HDTV's.

Edited by Jandrew In The Mist
  • Like 2

She kind of deserves it. Just the racial jokes were bad enough for termination in light of all the racial tension throughout the country. You're a fucking leader of a huge corporation. Show some maturity.

It was a dumb thing to say. but it would be pretty much bullshit if that's the reason she's fired. which she will be in a few months.

• Like 1

She kind of deserves it. Just the racial jokes were bad enough for termination in light of all the racial tension throughout the country. You're a fucking leader of a huge corporation. Show some maturity.

Aside from the jokes, in the stuff released there also looks to be endemic racist and sexist salary, promotion, human resource problems under her watch.   There was also a breach back in Feb and nothing was fixed.  This is going to lead to hundreds of millions in lawsuits by employees.

Then there are the revealed problems with the movie slate and the mess made of the Animation and VFX divisions - all under her watch.

I don't see how she keeps her job.

Seriously though, is this all it takes to make us- citizens of a country that prides itself on being strong and proud of who we are- get nervous and completely give up? Whether or not North Korea is involved with this at all I'm pretty sure we look like a huge clusterfuck of pussies to them and everyone else out there now.

• Like 1

Trajectory of The Interview: 

Looks like another fun Rogen/Franco comedy!

Looks like the movie that's going to kill Sony. 

Looks like the movie that's going to kill Hollywood distribution platforms entirely.

Always knew it was gonna be fucking franco.

• Like 1

Seriously though, is this all it takes to make us- citizens of a country that prides itself on being strong and proud of who we are- get nervous and completely give up? Whether or not North Korea is involved with this at all I'm pretty sure we look like a huge clusterfuck of pussies to them and everyone else out there now.

It's really just an elaborate ruse.  No one wants to tell Seth Rogen and James Fanco that we don't think they're funny any more (or ever in some cases) and don't want to see their movie.  This way we blame it on terrorists and they save face. :ph34r:

Edited by TalismanRing

This is life imitating art. The first episode of "The Black Mirror" has a similar storyline (there it involves an outlandish terrorist demand).

that's an absolutely amazing show. for everyone who can't watch The interview over the holidays because it's cancelled watch black mirror on netflix instead.

I haven't actually read those mails? What'd she say.

Pascal and Scott Rudin were making jokes about Obama's film tastes, saying he would only like films with black actors in them or something like that.

Edited by Chr1stm4s C00k13