Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

We wish to make it known that His Amazingness Kim Jong-Un managed to predict TF4's OW down to the penny. He also predicted the exact amount that Paramount fudged.

Lawrence would be ashamed at this kowtowing.

For shame Tele, for shame.

• Like 1

There is far too much interest in the film at this point (really, it must have at least four times, if not more, the amount of awareness as every movie it would've faced had it stayed there). Obviously releasing it on Christmas Day became too much of a risk, but I really doubt, after all this controversy and widespread outrage over it being pulled, that they would shelve the picture permanently. It's a tough situation (at least until the hackers are found), but I think there is little doubt this will eventually see the light of day (and if it does, and gets a wide release, it'll be huge now). It's going to be too hard to sweep a fairly big-budget movie that has caused this much commotion under a rug completely.

We'll see, I guess. It's all a big "if" at this point.

Sony could try to cut its losses by selling theatrical rights to Lionsgate or Open Road or someone like that. (Pre-release controversy caused Miramax to sell theatrical rights for Dogma and Fahrenheit 9/11 to Lionsgate, and Fox to sell theatrical rights for The Passion of the Christ to Newmarket.)

I'd imagine that'd be how this movie would be released, since Sony probably wants nothing to do with it at this point.

• Like 1

Lionsgate might be afraid of also getting hacked as well, same with other distributors like Entertainment One or CBS Films. 

I think once this has died down and if the perpetrators are caught and arrested. I could see Sony releasing it in say August or September but who knows at this point.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

Funny you know what I though harms North Korea's image is the killing and starving of  their own people

North Korea is the land of magic and fairy tales. Gold runs in the rivers, unicorn run wild. People sing and dance in the streets. Very body is super happy. Unlike the coal mine, dirty poor United States America. Where people eat a bowl of rice once a month. 

• Like 1