Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I have never seen 1 Fast and Furious Movie out of the soon to be 8th movie coming out.. It just never appealed to me and it just seemed like after awhile, you've seen 1 elaborate car stunt, you've seen them all.. I mean does anyone ever legitimately get hurt in these movies for all the wild stunts they do????

To varying Degrees. It's actually a plot beat in a few movies.

11 hours ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Yep, Walker is important no doubt but Vin is the franchise renaissance man.  

We keep forgetting Fast 2 made a ton of cash without Vin. 

3 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/08/11/vin-diesel-the-rock-fast-furious-8-feud-crew/

the crew felt Vin's arrogance was out of control, especially because he had a producer title. We're told he wouldn't listen to anyone and would goad people, including The Rock, by criticizing their acting.

Anything from TMZ I roll my eye at.

4 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/08/11/vin-diesel-the-rock-fast-furious-8-feud-crew/

the crew felt Vin's arrogance was out of control, especially because he had a producer title. We're told he wouldn't listen to anyone and would goad people, including The Rock, by criticizing their acting.

Couldn't he lead by example, and be a good actor first? :lol:

Lmao Vin can't act and he criticizes other people's acting? Lol.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Yep, Walker is important no doubt but Vin is the franchise renaissance man.  

Paul was the biggest trend of all of 2013, even though he passed with a 1 month left in the year. Speaking hypothetically of course, I doubt Vin would do the same if he died now. Both Paul and Vin are synonymous with the franchise, but I think Paul resonated with audiences a bit more.

And I don't think the franchise is going through a renaissance because of Vin. More because of the switch from a street car franchise to action heist, addition of the Rock, money shots galore, and surprisingly great reviews back to back to back.

13 hours ago, kowhite said:

Well, come on now.  Diesel is and was a very important part of this franchise.  No Vin, no mega box office.  Granted, you needed Paul there too but let's not get dramatic.

It was an assemble. It's not like vin boosted the box office recipes single handedly. Fast 4 did similar to fast 2 with inflation and 5 just looked like a great film and the rock helped that a lot. I dont think vin is as important to this franchise as many believe. Paul Walker was definitely more important, he was the main guy afterall and it was only when he was absent the franchise took a tumble 

1 hour ago, mrqe93 said:

Couldn't he lead by example, and be a good actor first? :lol:

Popcorn, I need some now.

Spielberg even said after Saving Private Ryan he'd work with Vin again and had a project in mind. Vin publicly stated that he'd work with SS again but his price was "going to be enormous....you Want me in your movie you better be willing to pay"

That ended Spielberg interest in the egomaniac.

• Like 2