Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

It s crazy how action movies have changed in the last decade or so. These Fast movies have as much VFX as Avengers almost.

Just a friendly reminder that more people saw F7 than either of the Avengers'. Thats just ludicrous. No pun intended. 

23 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Just a friendly reminder that more people saw F7 than either of the Avengers'. Thats just ludicrous. No pun intended. 

Star Wars 7 as well I believe.

Actually, I think Furious 7 might be the most viewed movie to be released this decade. Not sure though. 

1 minute ago, SophieSlut said:

Star Wars 7 as well I believe.

Actually, I think Furious 7 might be the most viewed movie to be released this decade. Not sure though. 

No, pretty sure SW7 is ahead by a comfortable bit. But 3rd, maybe 2nd yes. It and JW is bang bang.

49 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Those chinese numbers were insane, that s all I am saying, it did almost 4 times Force Awakens over there.

SW original trilogy was never theatrically released in China during its initial run so the franchise isn't that big a deal there. Also see Rogue One meh numbers.

average ticket price in china is lower than domestic. Furious 7 also played extremely strong in asia/latin america where the ticket prices are cheaper than US/UK/AU/Ger/Fra etc where SW7 was record breaking. But SW7 still would have sold more tickets as the difference between F7 and SW7 raw BO number is huge. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrPink said:

https://theringer.com/fast-furious-rankings-d20e77387cce

This is a fantastic piece for anybody who's going through the Furious franchise or knows it inside out. I am so glad that Fast Five got recognition for the Dom and Brian talk where he remembers everything about his faduh. Best bonding moment

Good bit of writing, even if I disagree with their ultimate order of the ranking.

Damn I'm not expecting it to stay this high but it's going to be really funny if this finishes higher on RT then BATB. If you asked me in December if that was possible I would have laughed at you. I totally thought this would bomb with critics and so far it's not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Damn I'm not expecting it to stay this high but it's going to be really funny if this finishes higher on RT then BATB. If you asked me in December if that was possible I would have laughed at you. I totally thought this would bomb with critics and so far it's not.

Why only 18k want to see, though?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alli said:

Why only 18k want to see, though?

Yeah I thought that was a bit odd too! Usually these movies have 99%.

It's up to 79% now too. I'm sure it's going to drop today as the main screenings happen but have a feeling it's probably going to stay in the 70s now.

• Like 1