Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

12 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah I was a senior in high school the summer that came out (that whole summer was actually really good). My integra had a full fiberglass bodykit complete with white mesh, front strobe lights (why?!), green underlights and white rims lol.

Looking back it's cheesy as hell but it nailed the "Hot Import Nights" feel of the car scene at the time.

haha thats epic, congrats. I wanted an Integra with under lights in middle school really bad. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elcaballero said:

Really funny (and positive) review:

http://uproxx.com/movies/the-fate-of-the-furious-review/

In the next couple of movies the team is going to have to go to space. They are going to run out of earthly ways to top themselves, so they will have to go to space. Only when they go to space, there will be some crazy excuse invented as to why they all will need their cars. Mark my words: Dominic Toretto will be driving a car in space – there will even be a scene in which he flips on his nitrous, turbo thruster device at the last second to save the day. Oh, I just thought of why they need their cars in space: They need their cars because they will need them for reentry somehow. Then they will all ride their cars from the International Space Station all the way down to a highway. Then they will race.

This review is hilarious. It reminds me of famous The V review in spirit.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Only 12 reviews but so far there isn't much difference from Furious 7's reception. Let's see if it holds.

I said earlier if critics love 7 I wouldn't understand why they will dislike this one(Unless they are just over the franchise) . 8 was better structure but i dont blame 7 since paul died and a lot of rewrites had to be made. Idk hopefully it will stay 65- 75% range.

15 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

haha thats epic, congrats. I wanted an Integra with under lights in middle school really bad. 

Yeah too bad I destroyed the back fender by backing into a damn gas pump at a small station. It took like 2-3 months to get done too. If I had to do it over probably wouldn't. Really expensive and hard to take care of. Got pulled over the first night we installed the green underlights before the bodykit was installed too haha.

It made for some good pictures though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I've been meaning to watch this franchise. Is it fine to just start with 5 (ie. when ENORMOUS JOHNSON SMURF shows up)?

I'd at least watch the 1st and 5th ones.  The first was an entertaining and kinda cornball ripoff of Point Break and the 5th one is a really entertaining Michael Bay movie done right.  If you like those then watch 6, 7, and 8.

Edited by Ozymandias

I got to see this at an early screening last week. I wasn't originally going to go, because I was super sick and my friend (who's father passed away a week beforehand after the fact I invited him to join me) wanted to go. So I went to the theater with tissue, cough syrup, and nasal spray in a Walgreens bag. I reviewed it earlier as well and let me just say these movies are still fun as hell.

For a franchise that went on long enough to release an eighth entry, Smurf Family Franchise is an action sequel that never seems to run out of steam. By now, you shouldn’t enter these movies expecting an Oscar award-winning story or performance because these movies are still dumb as smurf. It's extremely crazy to think that this franchise began with guys stealing Panasonic VHS players to working for CIA groups and fighting against international terrorists.

I was going to go to the NY Premiere last night, but.....I got this hat earlier this week and I was absolutely fine with it.

17821096_1628467720527367_1580219064_n.j

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//fate-of-the-furious-review

• Like 11

Just now, tonytr87 said:

Critics are way too soft on these movies. I prefer Transformers or Pirates for my dumb action movie fix. 

These movies don't leave viewers feeling like they've had all of their senses assaulted non-stop for 2+ hours.

• Like 5

Just now, filmlover said:

These movies don't leave viewers feeling like they've had all of their senses assaulted non-stop for 2+ hours.

Or in the case of T4, nearly three hours. Not ideal when your bladder is about to burst

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

Yeah...unless you're a senior citizen I don't know what that means.

It means the Fast & the Furious series actually succeeds at what it sets out to do and doesn't come across as either a taxing 2.5 hour attack (the Transformers sequels) or an overly convoluted mess of storytelling even the filmmakers probably couldn't explain in a coherent fashion (the Pirates sequels).

• Like 8