Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

There is nothing more locked in the world than this film decreasing.  It Vegas had odds on this, I'd borrow as money as I could and place a bet.  Furious 7 had everything going for it, a perfect cosmic eruption.  There is nowhere to go but down.  

Very likely it will decrease, but in its favor, F7 exceeded expectations by such a huge amount that even a fairly large decrease by F&F8 won't be a disappointment.

Granted, who knows what the Chinese market and the exchange rate will be like in two years.

• Like 1

Very likely it will decrease, but in its favor, F7 exceeded expectations by such a huge amount that even a fairly large decrease by F&F8 won't be a disappointment.

Granted, who knows what the Chinese market and the exchange rate will be like in two years.

People's reaction to F7 will dictate how much F8 makes, not the performance of the previous 6 films.

No, that's not true.  Regardless of how much F7 is loved, F8 is going to drop and it's going to drop significantly.  Nothing wrong with still making a bill or a bill point two, but Walker's death created a storm of curiosity and the next one has nowhere to go but down.

I agree with baumer, a ton of people saw it who had never seen an F+F film before, bit the curiosity of PW's death and just insane hype everywhere convinced them to see it. And a good portion if those people won't be returning for the further instalments

• Like 1

No, that's not true. Regardless of how much F7 is loved, F8 is going to drop and it's going to drop significantly. Nothing wrong with still making a bill or a bill point two, but Walker's death created a storm of curiosity and the next one has nowhere to go but down.

This is 100% true. We can't think that Furious 7 played like a fast and furious film, but rather a "zeitgeist" movie that was a perfect storm. Fast 8 is going to decrease from this one, I bet my future on it.
  • Like 2

It will drop but 1 billion should happen I think.

The Franchise has expanded Worldwide to a whole new audience.

Overseas will decrease also, but I can't see it going anywhere under 800M to be honest. Domestic at 270+. This is a billion dollar movie.