Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

16 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Anyone else feel like this is just a publicity stunt? 

It wouldn't be a real family without some family drama

Apparently Vin is the drunk rich uncle.  Yes he's an asshole, but he's rich!  So, I love you uncle.

#TeamRock

13895278_10154219149002631_6188036844786

For our final ‪#‎FastFridays‬ post, all of us in the Fast Family wanted to thank you for coming on the ride with us during this epic production.

We began in Cuba, visited Iceland, New York and Atlanta, and as we head into our final few days of shooting, we wanted to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to those who have worked so hard over the past 100 days to bring you a movie that is going to be another incredible installment of our saga. Everything we do comes from our shared passion to bring you the very best.

Thank you Vin, who has been at the wheel since this journey began, first as star and then as producer...

And thanks to all of the cast of the eighth Fast:

Michelle, who’s also been with us from the start...

Those who’ve joined our family along the way: Tyrese and Chris from Miami in our second film; Dwayne and Elsa, who came on board in Rio in movie five; Jason, Nathalie and Kurt from last time around; and our newest members Charlize, Scott, Kristofer and Helen...

And our brother who continues to inspire us all, Paul.

We extend our gratitude to our new director F. Gary Gray, producers Neal Moritz and One Race Films, writer Chris Morgan, and the hundreds of awesome, dedicated crew members who worked their asses off.

All of us take our work on Fast & Furious seriously, and we seriously intend to wow the world again. We'll be back in December with your first look at what we've created for you.

-- Your Fast Family

• Like 3

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fast-8-criminal-minds-set-920151

On Aug. 8 Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was ready to shoot one of his final scenes with Vin Diesel on Fast 8, the next film in Universal's $4 billion-and-counting franchiseWith the 90-degree Atlanta sun beating down, Johnson, director F. Gary Gray and the crew waited patiently for Diesel to emerge from his trailer. And they kept waiting. Throughout the 100-day shoot, the actor and Fast franchise producer often delayed his co-stars, which didn't seem to bother them. Well, no one except Johnson.

"Everything was running smoothly, and this was how Vin has run things for the past several movies," says a source who was on set.

Though Johnson's words were cryptic, Diesel, 49, is said to have confronted Johnson, 44, the next day over the post and a joke Johnson said on his HBO show Ballers about being "better looking" than Diesel, leading to a heated exchange in Johnson's trailer. Hours later, Diesel was publicly fingered as the source of Johnson's ire. And Universal execs quickly found themselves in the middle of a public beef between two key players in the studio's most important franchise.(Universal declined to comment, as did reps for Johnson and Diesel.)

With a ninth and 10th outing planned, the studio took some steps to ensure the brouhaha was contained. Though execs stopped short of reprimanding Johnson for going public, sources say he was warned against any further posts, and he quickly lost good will from the tight Fast 8 team. After all, the actor broke a long-standing rule: What happens on set stays on set.

"Everyone was shocked that The Rock posted that," says an agent who reps a Fast 8 principal. "That was seen as kind of unacceptable."

• Like 3

On 8/12/2016 at 2:53 AM, AJG said:

Tyrese chose his side

Can you blame him? He's one of the big chunks of the cast that knows where his bread is buttered and it certainly isn't in his career outside of the franchise. As kowhite stated, Vin is the sun of the Fast solar system and I'm sure the people that want to stay in the franchise are gonna be quick to gravitate toward's him. One day Vin's supernova will burn out though and implode. I'll be there for that day, soaking in the glorious debris of that epic meltdown. 

• Like 1

Asked coworkers about this and they think Johnson was in the wrong. I know everyone here wants to single out Diesel, but Johnson really shouldn't have went public.

I'll give him benefit of the doubt because that's out of his character, plus, he's the Rock, but at the same time no matter how much a hard ass Vin is, you keep it hush.

On 14/08/2016 at 0:56 AM, HesAPooka said:

I don't care how much you're clashing with someone. Putting that shit on social media is just petty. Frankly it makes me think less of The Rock, not Vin.

If anything is makes me respect the rock for biting his tongue for 3 whole movies 

• Like 3