kitik

Weekend est pg 22 - 2 Guns 27.4, Wolv 21.7, Smurfs 18.2

You guys are right but I really love this. Cate is a Hamnado which is perfect for this because the character is supposed to be a phony and it works in comedy better than in a drama. Plus, Cate is like Keanu's photo-negative - you watch him for bamboo stick acting, you watch her for chewing scenery. They won't change so you ain't cheated cause you know what to expect. But I was surprised how much I liked Jasmine and I never like Cate caricatures characters.

You liked Cate in Hobbit too if I remember right. I think you've warmed up to her as an actress.

You liked Cate in Hobbit too if I remember right. I think you've warmed up to her as an actress.

Maybe she's letting her own warmth seep into her roles fianlly. I did like Galadriel in TH. I adore Cate off screen because she's so fun.

Edited by fishnets

NYSM was pretty crappy, btw. Its soooooo stupid. I like Melanie Laurent, though. 

Wait...you loved PR but you think NYSM is stupid?  And you still have that terrifying avi!  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But I still think you're a good guy.  :huglove:

• Like 1

Was the show packed? How is general reception in UK?

It was pretty packed. Only seats left were the few bottom rows. From what I gathered the people in the audience were terrified. I looked around near the end and half of them had their hands over their faces. 

Wait...you loved PR but you think NYSM is stupid?  And you still have that terrifying avi!  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But I still think you're a good guy.  :huglove:

PR is a straight forward monster mash movie and it does just that. NYSM is trying to be some kind of a PRESTIGE/OCEAN'S 11 hybrid but ending up not as clever as it thinks. NYSM is pretty entertaining but it is not as fun as OCEANS movies, and not as well constructed as THE PRESTIGE.

• Like 1

Nysm doesnt pretend to be either Pitt & freinds or Prestige

the hate it got from some critics after the release was amusing :lol: happy u hated it Jack :D

hey Ruthie :wub:

WWZ 200mil here it comes!

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

the daughter of my boss saw it the other day & said it was worse & less scary than Evil Dead

will never see it myself but happy for Vera

she deserves success :wub:

Edited by Leyla

Because it's scary as hell. What's so difficult to understand?

Except it's no more scary than PA...that's why. 

Pulling hair, thrown around it's not even groundbreaking. Exorcism and Poltergeist movies have been done much better. This, while based on a true story, is very by the numbers. 

Pulling hair, thrown around it's not even groundbreaking. Exorcism and Poltergeist movies have been done much better. This, while based on a true story, is very by the numbers. 

It's been done before, but I found this to be WAY more effective than PA. And the performances were also fantastic.

I don't really think it's fair to compare every horror movie to Exorcist and Poltergeist. It's like comparing every romance to Gone with the Wind. Nobody's claiming TC is an all-time classic but it's far more effective than the average crap the genre produces.

• Like 4

I agree that the Conjuring is very good for a modern traditional horror film, but some people were comparing it to the Ring when it first came out, and I just don't see that. It isn't even a third as scary.

• Like 2