Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

Even the good reviews come with massive qualifiers. This feels like the definition of “catch it on Disney plus in a few months.” But that’s what Disney seems to want anyway. Cinema as streaming content hype 

Edited by Hatebox

Chris Stuckman: "i feel like we've become so binary, it's either good or it's bad, it's great or it's awful and there's no room for nuance anymore which i just think it's awful"

This is so true. Some folks have already decided for themselves that the movie is not worth their money because some score on the internet is not at least 80 so it cannot possibly be good. On the other hand there are movies that get put on a pedestal like they are the 2nd coming of Christ.

• Like 4

Just now, Elessar said:

Chris Stuckman: "i feel like we've become so binary, it's either good or it's bad, it's great or it's awful and there's no room for nuance anymore which i just think it's awful"

This is so true. Some folks have already decided for themselves that the movie is not worth their money because some score on the internet is not at least 80 so it cannot possibly be good. On the other hand there are movies that get put on a pedestal like they are the 2nd coming of Christ.

Exactly.

19 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Insane levels of copium on here lol

It's called common sense, and human decency...

I mean, since when does "I'll judge it for myself" and "some people are way to prone to declare something to be the best or the worst, never anything in between" fall under copium? That's just an absurd hot-take for the sake of making an absurd hot-take.

Just now, George Parr said:

I mean, since when does "I'll judge it for myself" and "some people are way to prone to declare something to be the best or the worst, never anything in between" fall under copium? That's just an absurd hot-take for the sake of making an absurd hot-take.

Some just like being edgy and snarky for the sake of it. Not engaging is the best option. 

6 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Welcome to BOT

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Cmon man, that's not all they said. How about the extra commentary about how everyone is being cynical and shitting on people for deciding to pay money for a movie based on a service people use to decide if a movie is worth their money or not? That reeks of them not being able to cope with the fact that the movie is getting mid reviews.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elessar said:

The jadedness and cynicism of some of you are a bummer. You should reconsider your life / attitude. ;)

If you are talking about the poster I think you are talking about you missed the most important point:

His whole "I hate everything" shtick is old and boring.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Cmon man, that's not all they said. How about the extra commentary about how everyone is being cynical and shitting on people for deciding to pay money for a movie based on a service people use to decide if a movie is worth their money or not? That reeks of them not being able to cope with the fact that the movie is getting mid reviews.

I think whole thing was started by one poster whose whole routine is being very negative and smart ass about everything.

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

This. 

And that this is the way so much fandom works nowdays is why I am totally disillunoned about fandom in general.