Jack Nevada

Overrated/underrated films of 2013

No, it got 97% on RT because Cuaron's directing is literally a Tour De Force never made in Hollywood moviemaking (and filmmaking in general) before, it's just a fact. No audience had experimented that in theater before. I mean 15 minutes long shot in space without any cuts swirling in real time along with the actors orbiting around Earth in a photoreal environment as suspense and tension rise without any sound effects other than music. It's as breathtaking as that last sentence.

Buried was more intense than this and it kept itself in a box the entire film. Alfonso's directing was superb, admittedly, but I got bored very quickly because the script was pretty crap IMO. Oh there was actually sound effects in the movie at times, that made me laugh, especially when at the beginning of the film they make a big deal about space being silent, then we here something get destroyed lol.

For a film to be as highly rated as this, I was expecting at least a decent script.

Iron-Man 3 wins overrated for me, it doesn't deserve to be the #5 highest grossing movie of all time, and wasn't even good compared to the rest of 2013's movies.

Iron Man 3 was funny, smart and had some great action. I think it's massively underrated on this site
  • Like 3

IMO, Pain and Gain is pretty underrated and mostly fly under radar on here. It's one of Bay's best for me. I read that it's his passion project, hope to see more of that from him in the future.

• Like 3