Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

So PRDP looks to finish in 200-225 Cr range. After BB, expectations had increased and PRDP could have capitalized on the goodwill if it was a better film.

Curious to see what would be the next 300 crore (or even 250 crore) film. Dilwale is facing competition from Bajirao, so 300 looks very difficult.

24 minutes ago, Fake said:

So PRDP looks to finish in 200-225 Cr range. After BB, expectations had increased and PRDP could have capitalized on the goodwill if it was a better film.

Curious to see what would be the next 300 crore (or even 250 crore) film. Dilwale is facing competition from Bajirao, so 300 looks very difficult.

Based on the trailer, Dilwale looks like a remake of Hum, which would be awesome. Hum is one of my favorite 90s movies.

• Like 1

SRK vs. SLB again next weekend.  I still remember the Diwali 07 clash, Saawariya was one of the first Hindi films shown in non Bollywood dedicated theaters here because of Sony/Columbia.  OSO/Saawariya were reported by BOI as 40/22 cr opening weeks, 62 combined was mind-boggling at the time.  I think they've been revised down since then.

I'm guessing we've got a potential biggest week/weekend of all time with Dilwale/BM combined.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, spizzer said:

SRK vs. SLB again next weekend.  I still remember the Diwali 07 clash, Saawariya was one of the first Hindi films shown in non Bollywood dedicated theaters here because of Sony/Columbia.  OSO/Saawariya were reported by BOI as 40/22 cr opening weeks, 62 combined was mind-boggling at the time.  I think they've been revised down since then.

I'm guessing we've got a potential biggest week/weekend of all time with Dilwale/BM combined.

Just got internet installed at home here. Way too busy with sisters wedding prep, but the whole family is planning to watch Dilwale next week. The trailer makes me think it is a remake of Hum.

This weekend will surely be the biggest weekend of all time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Just got internet installed at home here. Way too busy with sisters wedding prep, but the whole family is planning to watch Dilwale next week. The trailer makes me think it is a remake of Hum.

This weekend will surely be the biggest weekend of all time.

Two potential Movies With 33+ and 25+ Cr grosses. Gonna be a weekend to remember.

15 hours ago, Ash said:

Star wars releasing on 25TH.
It'll do good numbers. But the biggest HOLLYWOOD movie to make or break records in INDIA gonna be BATMANvSUPERMAN

Its gonna be Civil War. There are many more Marvel fans than that of DC (that is, for most who aren't particularly clear of what DCU is or constitutes or the difference between it and Marvel, batman and superman).

48 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Its gonna be Civil War. There are many more Marvel fans than that of DC (that is, for most who aren't particularly clear of what DCU is or constitutes or the difference between it and Marvel, batman and superman).

They don't need to know all of DCU .. LOL 
More marvel fans ? Come on man more than Half of the country loves Batman but the popular super-hero always remains spidey.
Batman alone can pull this movie to great gross add superman and wonder woman. There comes records. 
Civil war will do very good numbers too & i never mentioned about which is great and has more fans DC or MCU.

29 minutes ago, Ash said:

They don't need to know all of DCU .. LOL 
More marvel fans ? Come on man more than Half of the country loves Batman but the popular super-hero always remains spidey.
Batman alone can pull this movie to great gross add superman and wonder woman. There comes records. 
Civil war will do very good numbers too & i never mentioned about which is great and has more fans DC or MCU.

Iron man is much bigger than Batman now. The only batman fans are those who are quite into western things - western movies, T.V Shows, comics etc and thus know the impact or greatness of The Dark Knight Trilogy. Your average guy (and I am talking about those who go see hollywood movies now and then with heavy marketing and of visually appealing blockbuster genres and not because they really follow hollywood movies or anything) hasn't even watched it. On the other hand every one in their twenties, teens or even pre-teens (my younger brothers and his friends always keep talking about marvel and avengers and infinity war and Thanos and he is in fifth grade!), who occasionally does watch hollywood movies, is totally into avengers and Marvel now thanks to all the movies its releasing every year, constantly generating more fans. The hollywood market here is still all franchise-inclined. Batman vs Superman will make tons simply due to the famousness of Batman and Superman but its not gonna challenge Civil War, with Iron Man and Cap and Spidey (who they are gonna market well here, and everywhere OS, even if he just has a cameo) and lots of other heroes.

And when did I say that you said this is greater or that or this or that has more fans . You said BvS will be the biggest hollywood movie, I think it'll be Civil War. Therefore  I only mentioned the fact that there are more fans because that directly co-relates to box office. Wasn't that clear? 

And of course they don't need to know all of DCU. I was just saying that there are more fans of marvel than of Batman and Superman, in my own out-of-habit bracket-sy convoluted manner.

Edited by Infernus

1 minute ago, Infernus said:

Iron man is much bigger than Batman now. The only batman fans are those who are quite into western things - western movies, T.V Shows, comics etc and thus know the impact or greatness of The Dark Knight Trilogy. Your average guy (and I am talking about those who go see hollywood movies now and then with heavy marketing and of visually appealing blockbuster genres and not because they really follow hollywood movies or anything) hasn't even watched it. On the other hand every one in their twenties, teens or even pre-teens (my younger brothers and his friends always keep talking about marvel and avengers and infinity war and Thanos and he is in fifth grade!), who occasionally does watch hollywood movies, is totally into avengers and Marvel now thanks to all the movies its releasing every year, constantly generating more fans. The hollywood market here is still all franchise-inclined. Batman vs Superman will make tons simply due to the famousness of Batman and Superman but its not gonna challenge Civil War, with Iron Man and Cap and Spidey (who they are gonna market well here even if he just has a cameo) and lots of other heroes.

First i never mentioned About POPULARITY in the first post just the BO term.
DKT did more impact than what you think. Not only ppl who are into in Western movies,t.v shows are well known,Teens,kids would go fucking nuts for Batman. Super heroes became more popular than ever now in India. Spidey has just a cameo role, they can drag ppl to weekend but after the reviews comes in it'll effect the movie for sure. If he hhas a major i would definitely say this has a more than a fair chance with BvS beating it.
Avengers did Good numbers in India but Ultron did just barely above Man of steel. And if we talk about Winter Soldier it did less but the reception was pretty good so it carries forward to this giving great chance to do good BO numbers. 

10 minutes ago, Ash said:

First i never mentioned About POPULARITY in the first post just the BO term.
DKT did more impact than what you think. Not only ppl who are into in Western movies,t.v shows are well known,Teens,kids would go fucking nuts for Batman. Super heroes became more popular than ever now in India. Spidey has just a cameo role, they can drag ppl to weekend but after the reviews comes in it'll effect the movie for sure. If he hhas a major i would definitely say this has a more than a fair chance with BvS beating it.
Avengers did Good numbers in India but Ultron did just barely above Man of steel. And if we talk about Winter Soldier it did less but the reception was pretty good so it carries forward to this giving great chance to do good BO numbers. 

31 minutes ago, Infernus said:

And when did I say that you said this is greater or that or this or that has more fans . You said BvS will be the biggest hollywood movie, I think it'll be Civil War. Therefore  I only mentioned the fact that there are more fans because that directly co-relates to box office. Wasn't that clear?

2 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Fans directly co-relates to BO yes i agree. Then Avengers age of Ultron did less then avengers what is that?
But reception,no competition matters most too. A well received film will do great numbers even the ones who are not in hollywood films will be checking those one.
I think both will be doing great numbers but BvS will have the edge and it's the first to come out more advantage to it. Marvel will face Fatigue issue here.
Speaking of fans no, i'm not going there. Lol

11 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Can anyone post the final total of Bahubali, and with breakdown by the different language versions?

586.45Cr
India 511.35 cr
OS 75.1 cr(Indian versions)
Though some say it crossed 600cr.

All Domestic only.
Telugu- 174Cr
Kannada- 79Cr
Hindi -118.7Cr
Tamil- 75 Cr
Malayalam- 13 Cr

Edited by Ash
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ash said:

Fans directly co-relates to BO yes i agree. Then Avengers age of Ultron did less then avengers what is that?
But reception,no competition matters most too. A well received film will do great numbers even the ones who are not in hollywood films will be checking those one.
I think both will be doing great numbers but BvS will have the edge and it's the first to come out more advantage to it. Marvel will face Fatigue issue here.
Speaking of fans no, i'm not going there. Lol

Age of Ultron did not do less than Avengers. Who says it made less? I don't know about its final gross here but it made 7 million something on OW while Avengers 1 made 12m total. It must have had a very bad multiplier to get below avengers 1. Do you have any source for age of ultron's final gross? 

And as for reception affecting movies - you do realize you are talking about India, right? Its all about the OW here. And the people are similar to chinese in their tastes. They simply need some good booms and bangs and one-liners and visually beautiful action. And anyways you seem to speak like you already know BvS will have better reception than Civil War when history points heavily in the other direction. Even if reception did matter the DCU universe has always had really bad reception compared to marvel. And we predict box office based on historical data and existing facts. Even Ultron is considered better than Man Of Steel. And Cap America 2, Iron Man 3 and GotG all had really good reception. If anything, I feel certain Civil War will have much better reception than BvS. So, going by your own point, that gives a greater advantage and an 'edge' to Civil War.

Edited by Infernus

20 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Can anyone post the final total of Bahubali, and with breakdown by the different language versions?

I don''t know the exact figure but I read somewhere a while ago that it ended up as the highest grossing film, domestically. 

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Age of Ultron did not do less than Avengers. Who says it made less? I don't know about its final gross here but it made 7 million something on OW while Avengers 1 made 12m total. It must have had a very bad multiplier to get below avengers. Do you have any source for age of ultron's final gross? 

And as for reception affecting movies - you do realize you are talking about India, right? Its all about the OW here. And the people are similar to chinese in their tastes. They simply need some good booms and bangs and one-liners and visually beautiful action. And anyways you seem to speak like you already know BvS will have better reception than Civil War when history points heavily in the other direction. Even if reception did matter the DCU universe has always had really bad reception compared to marvel. Even Ultron is considered better than Man Of Steel. And Cap America 2, Iron Man 3 and GotG all had really good reception. If anything, I feel certain Civil War will have much better reception than BvS.

I said reception will be a good factor for Civil war. If we talk about reception DKT has higher reception than any other marvel movies here its a whole another level. 
"If anything, I feel certain Civil War will have much better reception than BvS."
We'll see.