Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

LMAO holy shit.  My fault for dropping off the bollywood radar for a while.

This is completely unprecedented off the top of my head - have we seen this kind of breakout growth with a single release in any market?  And its blowing up Internationally as well.

Edited by spizzer

22 hours ago, Fake said:

Well... well... Baahubali 2 is finally here and it is looking to obliterate some records:

My predictions (in gross):

OD:

Hindi: 40 Cr

Telugu: 50 Cr

Others: 12 Cr

Total: 100 Cr+

OW:

Hindi: 120 Cr

Telugu: 100 Cr

Others: 30 Cr

Total: 250 Cr

Total:

Hindi: 260 Cr

Telugu: 270 Cr

Others: 70 Cr

Total: 600 Cr

this estimate is for india or ww..in any case you are way off...1st part itself has done close to 650c...1000c gross ww is going to happen for sure

14 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Good to see you back. You are hardly seen around these days.

So Bahubali 2 will be the 1st 100m grosser in India?

Thanks. Life has become very busy nowadays.... hard to find time now for hobbies.

Yes, Bahubali 2 will be the 1st movie to gross $100M in India. Both Dangal and Bahubali are very close at the top grossed around 520 Cr ($75m+). However, if you count overseas box office too, then PK and Dangal have grossed $100M+ worldwide.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

This will cross bahubali gross (412) in first week. Is 700  reachable?

700 crore gross looks likely if these OD numbers are indeed true (however, I'd advise a grain of salt for now). 700 crore nett will be tough, and will require some very strong legs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CoolK said:

this estimate is for india or ww..in any case you are way off...1st part itself has done close to 650c...1000c gross ww is going to happen for sure

For India only. And these were pretty conservative projections.

Baahubali did arnd 595 crore gross WW.

9 hours ago, spizzer said:

LMAO holy shit.  My fault for dropping off the bollywood radar for a while.

This is completely unprecedented off the top of my head - have we seen this kind of breakout growth with a single release in any market?  And its blowing up Internationally as well.

It is basically Batman Begins to The Dark Knight increase but supercharged. Dhoom to Dhoom 2 to Dhoom 3 did increase each time but those were more moderate, Pyar Ka Punchnama 2 outgrossed the first movie on OW alone, and Lage Raho Munnabhai tripled Munnabhai MBBS but can't recall more.

This was the perfect mix of a pan-India movie, quick sequel turnaround and a marketing campaign "Katappa ne Bahubali ko kyun maara?" which everyone knew.

• Like 3

New OD record even in JUST Hindi. This is unbelievable. Won't be surprised if the overall OD is 125Crores now

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=2888

Bahubali 2 - The Conclusion (Hindi) has set an ALL TIME RECORD with collections set to come in at over 40 crore nett apprx. The film is set to go past the present first day record of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo which collected 39.32 crore nett. That record was set on the biggest day of the year for box office collections which is the Diwali holiday. Here it was a normal working day. The film will also be the first film to cross 40 crore nett in Hindi and this is despite limited business in South which would have been worth 7-8 crore nett for this film but that is not there because of Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam versions of the film. Real value collections for the Hindi version are well over 45 crore nett.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mrstickball said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but we are looking at a $20m opening in India, right? 125 Crore?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

More than that actually. The 125 Crore is the Nett figure, so after taxes, the gross can be up to 20-30% higher. We may be looking at a 25M gross OD.

Opening day is 155 cr according to box office india.

Pretty much tripled the opening day total lol

Historic opening and makes sense Bahubali was a very liked film for its epic scale and story and is a rare south indian movie for example punjabi audiences really loved. 

Opening day is 155 cr according to box office india.

Pretty much tripled the opening day total lol

Historic opening and makes sense Bahubali was a very liked film for its epic scale and story and is a rare south indian movie for example punjabi audiences really loved. 

That is for Friday, correct? What will Sat-Sun look like?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Figures below are for films in all languages they were released in. 

1. Bahubali 2 - The Conclusion - 155 crore apprx

2. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - 55.03 crore

3. Kabali - 53.96 crore 

4. Sultan - 51.15 crore

5. Happy New Year - 50.78 crore

6. Bahubali - 49.48 crore

7. Dhoom 3 - 45.67 crore

8. Singham Returns - 43.44 crore

9. Khaidi No.150 - 41.64 crore

10. Ek Tha Tiger - 41.29 crore

11. Dangal - 41.19 crore

12. Chennai Express - 40.81 crore

13. Sardaar Gabbar Singh - 37.10 crore

14. Janatha Garage - 36.48 crore

15. Bajrangi Bhaijaan - 36.23 crore

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

impressive. So how good the legs can be. Can it do 10x OD to finish around 1500 crores !!! That would mean $234 million googling current ER !!! So pretty much the biggest single region grosser minus

Domestic, China(probably < 10 movies above that number) and Japan(SA, YN and Frozen?).

Probably 5 to 6 times its "True" OD.

The Nizam/Andhra Nett is being reported as Rs. 45 Crores. That would mean about a Rs. 55 Crore gross (15% Entertainment tax). The cost of multiplex tickets are about 150 and Single screens average less than Rs. 70.  The overall Average maybe Rs. 75. That would mean it sold about 7.5 Million tickets on OD from just 2 states. I have my doubts.

• Like 1