Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

9 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

According to komal nahta first day was 36.5 in hindi and not 40.5 as reported.

Where has he been for the last 8 years?  I haven't heard FI quoted since before the turn of the decade.

Is he still considered relevant in the reporting world?  Even back then, he always had discrepancies with other mainstream reporting.

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

2 consecutive days of 100 Crore across all languages. Ridiculous opening considering no movie has had a 100 Crore opening weekend to date.

in fact, the weekend gross for this movie locally is more than number 1 film of USA this week, F8 did about $19m+

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

in fact, the weekend gross for this movie locally is more than number 1 film of USA this week, F8 did about $19m+

Every day of the weekend is 19M actually

In India, we hear it’s the biggest opening ever with $50M-$60M. In India at Prasad’s Imax theater Khairatabad there was a 3 KM line to get into the movie on Thursday.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Every day of the weekend is 19M actually

actually i wonder, the gross from india for every hollywood films, were they reported as net or gross?

the jungle book made $38m(net or gross?) last year, baahubali 2 seems outgross the jungle book in just a weekend 

Edited by titanic2187

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

actually i wonder, the gross from india for every hollywood films, were they reported as net or gross?

the jungle book made $38m(net or gross?) last year, baahubali 2 seems outgross the jungle book in just a weekend 

Jungle Book made around 200M gross, so 38M would be the gross figure. Bahubali did that in about a day and a half.

Its literally a phenomenon the likes of which we haven't seen before.

• Like 2

This is incredible and totally deserving. Finally a mainstream movie which is obliterating all box office records in history of indian cinema left, right and center and without having any superstars like khans or rajni's etc. So good to see this one deconstructing the awful star system which indian cinema have been caught with.

The vfx, cgi and effects were better in 1st part. Although with less than 1/4th of budget compared to hollywood you cannot compare and complain. You have to appreciate the effort, grand scale and scope of the movie. The ending could have been better but still movie is better than 99% of indian cinema.

The strength of the second part lies in the emotional connectivity. Have heard many people have been literally crying in theaters during some of the scenes. Well done Rajamouli and well deserved success.

• Like 3

AUD1,410,298 for Baahubali 2 in Australia for #3.  The Hindi Version has AUD842,391 for #4 and the Tamil/Malayalam/ Telegu versions had a combined AUD567,907.  I suspect that's around double the previous best opening for an Indian film.

https://numero.co/reports/2017/05/01/galaxy-goes-gangbusters

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Monday 30 crore estimated

I think we can safely say we will never see anything like this ever again. A dubbed movie doing 150Cr Hindi business in 4 days is ridiculous. Overall it is probably 400Cr Nett in 4 days and in all likelihood 500Cr gross domestic. 

No movie ever did 100Cr weekend, and now this has probably done it on 4 back to back days. The "Why Katapa killed Bahubali?" Cliffhanger definitely worked. Else it would have been a success but not the phenomenon it became.

45 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think we can safely say we will never see anything like this ever again. A dubbed movie doing 150Cr Hindi business in 4 days is ridiculous. Overall it is probably 400Cr Nett in 4 days and in all likelihood 500Cr gross domestic. 

No movie ever did 100Cr weekend, and now this has probably done it on 4 back to back days. The "Why Katapa killed Bahubali?" Cliffhanger definitely worked. Else it would have been a success but not the phenomenon it became.

Bahubali 1 hindi dub trp were great on sat max. I think more than that cliffhanger, people enjoyed the film immensely. Still I don't think anyone can find the reason for bahubali 2 record breaking run in north india in a non-festive-holiday season with no mega star!!!

Baahubali 1 was loved by hindi audience as well. It did around 120crrs from hindi version that time which was great result for a dubbed movie and kind of unexpected.

But obviously no one expected this to challenge Dangal or 400crrs in Hindi. Probably around 200crrs was safer bet. Katappa cliffhanger definitely helped a lot but its also because 2nd part is as good if not better than the first fulfilling the high expectations which public had from the movie. 

As much as i would like to see Mahabharata done on a massive scale with A list actors, I am afraid no one will be satisfied because everyone has his/her favourite character in the epic and it can't be done in just 1-2 movies. Need like 4-5 parts to cover most if not all story beats. I think bollywood should try to adapt Ramayan first.

• Like 1