Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

No Hollywood movie will ever get this wide a release nor appeal to the Indian heartland enough to come anywhere close to this number. Of the future movies, only "A Yash Raj Romance"(Untitled), "Dabangg 2" and "Dhoom 3" have a chance to break this.

Seriously they should name it already, now even the teaser is out.

Seriously they should name it already, now even the teaser is out.

The rumor is that the name was set as "Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum", but the title got leaked to the press early and they decided to scrap the planned title and wait to retitle it. Again, only a rumor.

WOM is not bad for 'Ek Tha Tiger'. It is better than Bodyguard at least.I have yet to see this, but people who have seen it say that it is one of the best Salman Khan movies.Anyway Friday will tell us where it is headed.

http://www.boxoffice...ollections.aspxLooks like the movie dropped heavily on the second day. It was bound to drop on a working day. But if the 55% national drop turns out to be true, the movie may not sustain given the negative WOM.

Most relevant comparison for the drop is 'Agneepath'.Agneepath grossed 22 crore on Republic Day (Thursday) and dropped 50% on Friday. If the 2nd day were Thursday then the drop would have been certainly higher. So 55% drop for Ek Tha Tiger is perfectly normal.

Most relevant comparison for the drop is 'Agneepath'.Agneepath grossed 22 crore on Republic Day (Thursday) and dropped 50% on Friday. If the 2nd day were Thursday then the drop would have been certainly higher. So 55% drop for Ek Tha Tiger is perfectly normal.

I would not call it normal, since Agneepath had at best mixed WOM bordering on poor WOM. Based on the reports I received from couple of the distributors in Bangalore, ETT crashed on the second day and the reports they got on the movie was mostly negative.

Just saw the OD figures for ETT. Absolutely incredible, that's such a massive jump

Yeah. It was only 2 and half years ago that we got the first 10-crore opening day (3 Idiots). Bigger and bigger releases and higher ticket prices have really pushed the boundaries.

Progressive OD record holders (boxofficeindia):

Singh is Kinng Aug 2008- 7.2 crore

Ghajini Dec 2008- 9.2 crore

3 Idiots Dec 2009- 13 crore

Dabangg Dec 2010- 14.5 crore

Bodyguard Aug 2011- 20.7 crore

Agneepath Jan 2012- 21.8 crore

Ek Tha Tiger Aug 2012- 31.5 crore

I expect a 40 crore opening in 2013 (Dhoom 3).

I would not call it normal, since Agneepath had at best mixed WOM bordering on poor WOM. Based on the reports I received from couple of the distributors in Bangalore, ETT crashed on the second day and the reports they got on the movie was mostly negative.

Agneepath didn't have mixed WOM. It managed 5.5x multiplier from its OD. If ETT does the same, it will finish with 170 crore!I think nobody would be unhappy with that kind of number.

Agneepath didn't have mixed WOM. It managed 5.5x multiplier from its OD. If ETT does the same, it will finish with 170 crore!I think nobody would be unhappy with that kind of number.

I would be surprised if it gets to that number. Those Rs. 200 crore projections are done. The budget is around Rs. 117 crore. It may not make its budget back or may not make any profit unless it does over Rs. 225 Crore Net WW even accounting for ancillary income. The total number means nothing if the movie is not profitable.

I would be surprised if it gets to that number. Those Rs. 200 crore projections are done.The budget is around Rs. 117 crore. It may not make its budget back or may not make any profit unless it does over Rs. 225 Crore Net WW even accounting for ancillary income. The total number means nothing if the movie is not profitable.

I very much doubt the budget is 117 crore. It should be 80-90 crore including prints, and that much can be recovered from Indian theatrical run alone.

I very much doubt the budget is 117 crore. It should be 80-90 crore including prints, and that much can be recovered from Indian theatrical run alone.

Could be. It is alawys hard to pin point the actual budget. The indian producers always seem to lie about budgets to reduce the tax burden. Edited by jb007

The rumor is that the name was set as "Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum", but the title got leaked to the press early and they decided to scrap the planned title and wait to retitle it. Again, only a rumor.

Yash Raj changing the title just because it got leaked to the press doesn't make sense. They would have found out eventually anyway.

Yash Raj changing the title just because it got leaked to the press doesn't make sense. They would have found out eventually anyway.

Well, this is Yash Raj, and the movie is Yash Chopra's first in almost 8 years and some are saying maybe his last as well. So they will obviously want any and all official announcements to come from the studio itself.

Ek Tha Tiger down on Friday: http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=4800&nCat=

Ek Tha Tiger started like a hurricane and had a big fall on day two which was expected due to the huge collections on day one but it seems the downward trend is continuing on Friday.

The film should have consolidated on Friday and have similar collections in the 14-15 crore nett range but it seems a fall is on the cards as collections coming in at places are 20% lower than Thursday so a Friday fall is certain even if other places hold up better.

It could be the Ramadan period that is taking a toll on collections or it could be that the film does not have public appreciation that the last few Salman Khan starrers have had.

The key days will be Sunday and Monday when Ramadan is over and these will tell whether the film emerges a solid hit or a huge blockbuster.

Ek Tha Tiger grosses 94 crore during 5 days

The film was falling till Friday but saw great increases on Saturday and Sunday. The daily breakdown was as follows (Bodyguard numbers in brackets):

Wed: 31.25 (21.25)

Thurs: 14.5 (17.75, holiday)

Fri: 12 (13.25)

Sat: 15.5 (14.75)

Sun: 21 (18)

Total: 94 (85)

Bodyguard finished with 140 crore.

The Ramadan period has ended on Sunday (most of the Muslim population weren't going to theaters). As Eid falls on Monday and is a holiday, it will be a huge day at box office. Rest of the weekdays will get a boost too.

Ek Tha Tiger grosses 94 crore during 5 days

The film was falling till Friday but saw great increases on Saturday and Sunday. The daily breakdown was as follows (Bodyguard numbers in brackets):

Wed: 31.25 (21.25)

Thurs: 14.5 (17.75, holiday)

Fri: 12 (13.25)

Sat: 15.5 (14.75)

Sun: 21 (18)

Total: 94 (85)

Bodyguard finished with 140 crore.

The Ramadan period has ended on Sunday (most of the Muslim population weren't going to theaters). As Eid falls on Monday and is a holiday, it will be a huge day at box office. Rest of the weekdays will get a boost too.

Saw the movie yesterday. The trailers were a complete bait and switch. I had avoided most reviews, so went in almost unspoiled. For me, the movie was a letdown. I will forgive all the plotholes since it is a Salman Khan movie, but the focus on the love story and lack of action post the opening scene was disappointing.

Found the movie to be very un-salman khan.I think he was miscast completely.Looks like it's locked for 150 crore + ....200 not happening though.There were cheers during the trailer for "Untitled Yash Chopra Romance"...I wonder if that movie can do 100 crore...seems to be hype..would be the first romance film to do so if it does?

Found the movie to be very un-salman khan.I think he was miscast completely.Looks like it's locked for 150 crore + ....200 not happening though.There were cheers during the trailer for "Untitled Yash Chopra Romance"...I wonder if that movie can do 100 crore...seems to be hype..would be the first romance film to do so if it does?

It will almost certainly do 100 Crore, and become the first romance to do so. The only doubt on that prediction comes from the fact that it is releasing the same day as "Son of Sardaar" which will hurt collections in the north of India. In the southern territories "Son of Sardaar" should not be much competition. SRK is one of the few actors who can fetch an opening, the final tally will depend on if the movie is good or not. (Both Ra.One and Don2 reached 100 Cr+ based solely on their openings)