Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Shahrukh Khan frisked at US airport again:

http://www.deccanher...port-again.html

Shahrukh’s detention at the White Plains airport in New York for about a couple of hours triggered a diplomatic spat between New Delhi and Washington with External Affairs Minister S M Krishna asking India’s envoy to US Nirupama Rao to take up the issue with the highest authorities in that country...

Guess this made huge headlines in India?

Shahrukh’s detention at the White Plains airport in New York

Seriously? Again?About Housefull 2, and to the Indian posters here: I don't know much about Indian cinema, but I've seen a few old Akshay movies that I really enjoyed. I've also seen some of his new comedy stuff which I absolutely hated. Am I correct in thinking he only seems to be doing crap comedies nowadays? Bloody waste of talent if you ask me.

Seriously? Again?About Housefull 2, and to the Indian posters here: I don't know much about Indian cinema, but I've seen a few old Akshay movies that I really enjoyed. I've also seen some of his new comedy stuff which I absolutely hated. Am I correct in thinking he only seems to be doing crap comedies nowadays? Bloody waste of talent if you ask me.

Yup. Last 3-4 years he has totally wasted doing crap comedies.2012 will be a make or break year for him.... he is already off to a good start with Housefull 2 (not quality-wise but box-office success-wise)..and has many big films scheduled for this year.... like Rowdy Rathore, Joker and Khiladi 786, which will still have a good many comedy scenes, but are primarily action films.... and all of them have the potential of grossing $30M+.

he is already off to a good start with Housefull 2 (not quality-wise but box-office success-wise)..and has many big films scheduled for this year.... like Rowdy Rathore, Joker and Khiladi 786

the sheer productivity of bollywood actors never ceases to amaze me :)well I hope it goes well for him (but lol at Khiladi 786)

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=4380&nCat=

Jannat 2 Has Very Good Opening

Friday 4th May 2012 12.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Jannat 2 had a very good opening of around 70-75% on average. The Central India belts of CP Berar, CI and Rajasthan took an excellent opening of 80-100%. Gujarat was also very strong.

North India was a bit weaker as Delhi/UP opened to around 60-70% while East Punjab was 50-55% but overall its still a very good opening as Central and most of Western India has opened to excellent numbers. Areas dominated by premium multiplexes like Bangalore and Gurgaon had a lower opening.

The first day collections will come out very strong and could even be the third biggest opening day of 2012.

Jannat 2 has been released on 1975 screens at 1575 theatres across India.

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=4379&nCat=

Top Hollywood First Week Collections: The Avengers Third

Friday 4th May 2012 11.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The Avengers had a solid first week grossing around 23 crore nett across India in all languages. It is the third highest opening opening week collection for a Hollywood film in India. The approx figures for the biggest Hollywood opening weeks in India are as follows.

1. 2012 - 28 crore

2. Mission Impossible 4 - 25 crore

3. The Avengers - 23 crore

4. Avatar - 19 crore

5. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 19 crore

This week's major release is Rowdy Rathore.

Posted Image

Akshay Kumar is coming back to action genre after a long time, more than a decade. He was the best action hero in the 90s but then he started doing comedies which got worse with every film. It will be a welcome change for him in my opinion.

The buzz is through the roof and it could break some records.

My predict:

OW: 45 crore (nett)

Total: 125 crore (nett); all-time #4 grossing movie.

For a country with so many people, this is a pretty shitty market for Hollywood movies. I did a few comparisons and box office for Hollywood films is roughly the same or worse than Hong Kong, and India has almost 200 times the population. Is it piracy or something? I'm pretty sure piracy is rampant in Hong Kong too.

For a country with so many people, this is a pretty shitty market for Hollywood movies. I did a few comparisons and box office for Hollywood films is roughly the same or worse than Hong Kong, and India has almost 200 times the population. Is it piracy or something? I'm pretty sure piracy is rampant in Hong Kong too.

Lots of people are too poor to go to films and local films are dominant.

Rowdy Rathore grossed 48 crore nett for the weekend (the biggest 3-day opening ever). More importantly, the trends through the weekend indicates that it will hold strong and have a good multiplier.It now has a good shot at reaching #2 all-time since it has 4 open week before TASM opens.

This week, one of the biggest Bollywood blockbusters 'Ek Tha Tiger' will be released.

Posted Image

Advance sales are simply phenomenal. All opening records are going to be shattered. It is releasing on Wednesday which is a a holiday (Independence Day). The opening day gross should cross 25 crore nett mark.

The 5-day opening might even come close to 100-crore mark if the WOM is good.

Predictions:

OD: 26 crore ($6.5M)

OW: 95 crore ($24M)

Edited by Fake