Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

It appears Salamn Khan will win this year easily again with Daabang 2 which will be massive over X-Mas.I think the New Srk film will likely do much better overseas.Its been a long time since a film was made for the overseas audiences.

'Ek Tha Tiger' has already grossed 163 crore nett after its first 12 days. In US currency, that is over $40M!It had become the 2nd biggest Indian movie of all-time after 9 days only. Now the question is if it can become the biggest. It is only 40 crore behind now. Should be interesting. I think it will fall just short.

• Like 1

That's around $2M.That's a very good opening. Outgrossed the entire run of the original in its first weekend only.Comparatively, that is more than half of the opening of TDKR.Should easily become the biggest R-rated (A-rated in India) Hollywood movie of all-time.

Edited by Fake

That's brilliant. BOM has it at $1.8m. Should make 4-times what TE1 made. Yet another huge increase to make up for the disappointing UK and US runs. A lot still relies on China, though. If that can match and increase from TE1, then we're looking at big numbers.

4 times TE1 is almost impossible. Hollywood movies open big but flame out quickly as well. A multiplier of >2 of the first week gross is pretty tough for any hollywood movie to reach. Even TASM and TDKR could not do that.

TE1 only made $1,258,992. TE2 only has to reach $5m to achieve that. Can it not do that after grossing $1.8m in only 3 days? Surely they don't die THAT quick..

They can. The Expendables is the perfect first weekend rush movie where almost everyone who wants to watch it will have seen it. Plus "Joker" - a local movie, is getting a very wide release and stars a hero who is coming off 2 consecutive 100 Cr+ movies and is actually shot in 3D. That movie will saturate the market this week. A 70% drop in the second weekend is to be expected. Both TASM and TDKR dropped the same.

lol is EK Tha Tiger like BodyGuard.Seems like an action film but is a lame love story...Daabang was much better great mix of action and love story and especially Comedy.

I found ETT miles better than Bodyguard..... 7/10 IMO, same as Dabangg. Bodyguard 3/10.

TE2:Fri: Rs. 2.95Sat: Rs. 3.73Sun: Rs. 4.26How does that translate into actual numbers?The 2.95, does that mean 29,500,000? the 3.73 is 37,300,000? and the 4.26 is 42,600,000?I don't understand the Indian money denominations because Rs. 10.94 crore is apparently 100,940,000, where's the extra zero come from?If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks