Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Update:

Ek That Tiger is looking to finish with 190 crore nett (270 crore gross/$50m)

Akshay Kumar's Joker flopped spectacularly and will finish with 25 crore nett.

Raaz 3 has grossed 60 crore nett in 10 days and should finish with 70-72 crore.

Barfi opened with 34 crore nett this weekend, and the reviews and WOM are outstanding. It should have pretty good legs and has a shot at 100-crore nett finish.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=4905&nCat=

Barfi! Is Excellent On Monday

Tuesday 18th September 2012 11.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Barfi! had excellent collections on Monday as it dropped just 25% from Friday. The collections on Monday were around 6.50 crore nett as per early estimates. The collections are only behind Ek Tha Tiger, Rowdy Rathore, Agneepath and Housefull 2 for 2012 on a Monday.

The collections at some centres were better on Monday than Friday. Many centres where the opening was not strong saw better figures on Monday. The multiplexes were just excellent as tickets rates come down 20-25% on Monday and collections saw more or less a similar drop meaning similar footfalls to Friday.

The film has grossed over 40 crore nett in five days and with holiday on some parts of the country on Wednesday, the week should finish around 55 crore nett.

Considering lower weekday ticket prices, it looks like Monday was very close to Friday in terms of attendance. That's very impressive. Can't remember the last time that happened off the top of my head. 100 crore definitely looks like a strong bet right now.

Considering lower weekday ticket prices, it looks like Monday was very close to Friday in terms of attendance. That's very impressive. Can't remember the last time that happened off the top of my head. 100 crore definitely looks like a strong bet right now.

100 Crore may be slightly tough, but we will know for sure once the second weekend collections are in. This whole week effectively being a holiday in Maharashtra and most of South India will definitely help Barfi since it is really strong in those markets, but the Bharat Bandh on the 21st may also hurt it (and all other movies).The biggest wild card is the release of "Heroine" this friday. If it gets good reviews, it may take the audience away from Barfi.

Dhoom 3 to be first Bollywood film to be released in IMAX.

Looking forward to watching it in IMAX. But isn't the IMAX market in India limited to 5 screens? They are planning on 17 screens by 2013, although i doubt if that fast an expansion will happen, what with government permits to obtain and so on. http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/imax-plans-17-theatres-in-india-by-2013/156476/onI love the screen at Prasadz IMAX though, it ranks among the best screens i have seen in the world.

Looking forward to watching it in IMAX. But isn't the IMAX market in India limited to 5 screens? They are planning on 17 screens by 2013, although i doubt if that fast an expansion will happen, what with government permits to obtain and so on. http://www.business-...-2013/156476/on

I love the screen at Prasadz IMAX though, it ranks among the best screens i have seen in the world.

Yep, it's a stunning experience.

Fake, are you going to update the first with charts?Good numbers about the Indian market are hard to come by, so it would be interesting.

Sorry.... that had totally slipped from my mind.I will get to it as soon as my schedule allows me to.

OMG! Oh My God is really picking up momentum now. It started underwhelmingly on Friday but the numbers kept improving and the Monday gross was actually bigger than Friday gross! That's very very uncommon. 4-day gross is 21-crore nett and 50-crore is locked.Barfi is locked for 100 crore now. Fantastic run!

I watched OMG yesterday. Pretty good movie. Very good screenplay and a fine performance by Paresh Rawal. 7:40 PM show was sold out in a 300 seater on a weekday.Barfi is a national shame. It is a remix of 20 plus hollywood movies. Pathetic.

Edited by jb007

There seems to be a lot of controversy regarding Barfi. True, it has taken many parts directly from Hollywood movies, but then, how many truly original movies Bollywood produces nowadays?I don't care much if it copies something, I just need it to be done right.

But there were way better options like Paan Singh Tomar, Gangs of Wasseypur and Kahani. They did not have to send a copy and paste movie like Barfi to the Oscars. People are pissed because of that. It is one thing that some talentless hack copies from 20 movies, but it is ridiculous to send it as the official Indian entry to the oscars.

There seems to be a lot of controversy regarding Barfi. True, it has taken many parts directly from Hollywood movies, but then, how many truly original movies Bollywood produces nowadays?I don't care much if it copies something, I just need it to be done right.

Well firstly, it would help if they actually got entries from a wide range of languages. And there were actually better films in the list. FFI has an obsession with Bollywood. And some parts are completely ripped from silent films in Barfi. Inspiration is fine, lifting is not. Besides this is the same FFI that nominated "Jeans" (a commercial Tamil film) for the Oscars. If you look at the 3 Indian films which were shortlisted before, they all had something unique.

Well firstly, it would help if they actually got entries from a wide range of languages. And there were actually better films in the list. FFI has an obsession with Bollywood. And some parts are completely ripped from silent films in Barfi. Inspiration is fine, lifting is not. Besides this is the same FFI that nominated "Jeans" (a commercial Tamil film) for the Oscars. If you look at the 3 Indian films which were shortlisted before, they all had something unique.

I agree with you. South Indian movies are better at coming up with original ideas. I despise Bollywood for the most part. It is filled with talentless hacks but for a few people.