Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

TE2:Fri: Rs. 2.95Sat: Rs. 3.73Sun: Rs. 4.26How does that translate into actual numbers?The 2.95, does that mean 29,500,000? the 3.73 is 37,300,000? and the 4.26 is 42,600,000?I don't understand the Indian money denominations because Rs. 10.94 crore is apparently 100,940,000, where's the extra zero come from?If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks

That is in Crores of rupees. 1 Crore = 10 Million.The total is Rs. 10.94 Crores. Assuming that number to be Nett, the gross would be around 30% more. The gross then comes to Rs. 14.22 Crores. Exchange rate is apprx. Rs. 55.5 to dollar. So the weekend gross is USD 2.56 Million. Edited by jb007

That is in Crores of rupees. 1 Crore = 10 Million.

The total is Rs. 10.94 Crores. Assuming that number to be Nett, the gross would be around 30% more. The gross then comes to Rs. 14.22 Crores. Exchange rate is apprx. Rs. 55.5 to dollar. So the weekend gross is USD 2.56 Million.

Thanks jb007.

So it's Rs. 109,400,000 ? Right.

Can you tell me why boxofficeindia.com has not reported anything for TE2? I'd love to use the $2.56m figure, but I just like to use what I see reported. Percentages change from country to country, distrib to distrib, and sometimes info like that is just plain wrong. Not saying that yours is, I just need it validated to use it in my stats.

Are there any sites for India box office that do report TE2 weekend after weekend?

Edited by The Toymaker

Thanks jb007.

So it's Rs. 109,400,000 ? Right.

Can you tell me why boxofficeindia.com has not reported anything for TE2? I'd love to use the $2.56m figure, but I just like to use what I see reported. Percentages change from country to country, distrib to distrib, and sometimes info like that is just plain wrong. Not saying that yours is, I just need it validated to use it in my stats.

Are there any sites for India box office that do report TE2 weekend after weekend?

That is correct.

Usually, the numbers reported by most Indian box office websites is Nett. That is Gross - Entertainment tax. I'm not certain whether the weekend number of Rs. 10.94 Crores is Nett or gross.

There aren't too many sites that report hollywood movie grosses in India. Some of them tend to under report Hollywood movie grosses also.

Hope this helps.

Edited by jb007

That is correct.

Usually, the numbers reported by most Indian box office websites is Nett. That is Gross - Entertainment tax. I'm not certain whether the weekend number of Rs. 10.94 Crores is Nett or gross.

There aren't too many sites that report hollywood movie grosses in India. Some of them tend to under report Hollywood movie grosses also.

Hope this helps.

The 10.94 crore figure is gross and directly from the distributor.

TE2:Fri: Rs. 2.95Sat: Rs. 3.73Sun: Rs. 4.26How does that translate into actual numbers?The 2.95, does that mean 29,500,000? the 3.73 is 37,300,000? and the 4.26 is 42,600,000?I don't understand the Indian money denominations because Rs. 10.94 crore is apparently 100,940,000, where's the extra zero come from?If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks

Yes, the 2.95 is 2.95 crores. In India the denominations are arranged differently. 2.95 means 2,95,00,000. Money is counted as hundreds, thousands, lakhs and crores. Here is an explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asian_numbering_systemThe collection you have put up is the first weekend collection of TE2, which as has been pointed out will be close to 2 million (may be less now since the rupee lost some value to the dollar last week)

That is correct.Usually, the numbers reported by most Indian box office websites is Nett. That is Gross - Entertainment tax. I'm not certain whether the weekend number of Rs. 10.94 Crores is Nett or gross. There aren't too many sites that report hollywood movie grosses in India. Some of them tend to under report Hollywood movie grosses also.Hope this helps.

I have actually noticed that most sites actually report gross as opposed to net earnings. Towards the end of a movie's run they will report both figures.

In terms of Ek Tha Tiger, is this a stand alone movie? If I see it will I understand it?It's playing near me and both times I have been to this theater, it is quite busy. I'm curious now. I might go.

In terms of Ek Tha Tiger, is this a stand alone movie? If I see it will I understand it?It's playing near me and both times I have been to this theater, it is quite busy. I'm curious now. I might go.

It is a standalone movie. I saw it at AMC Orange 30 and it was subtitled. If that is the case at all theaters, you shouldn't have an issue understanding it. Look at it like an 80s Hollywood actioner where the hero is basically invincible and no stunt is considered outlandish.

It is a standalone movie. I saw it at AMC Orange 30 and it was subtitled. If that is the case at all theaters, you shouldn't have an issue understanding it. Look at it like an 80s Hollywood actioner where the hero is basically invincible and no stunt is considered outlandish.

Cool. I think you just convinced me to go.

^ Post your thoughts when you do. :)

I'm going to try to go this weekend. Not sure if i can, i have a birthday party for my niece and then Sunday is NFL Sunday, but i do have Tuesday off. I think it will try to go then.

For Hollywood films, it is rare to get updates, because if the distributor reports nothing, we get nothing.

So we can just assume that The Expendables 2 made the equivalent of 600 mill US? :)