Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

6 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Woahhh....Koimoi is fucked up they do dont research before presenting facts. Bahubali2 ticket prices were touching Rs 500-600 ($7-$9) in most of the screens whereas AIW has had nominal increase due to GST. 

Rest of the article looks fine. 

1 hour ago, NamakFiskKa said:

That's when it still has a day left right ?

Yup, those numbers are with a day still to go and typically sales on Thursday are quite high. Although with so many show times already booked or near completely booked people are gonna have trouble finding good seats. I think we are gonna see spillover effect onto the weekdays and then next weekend too. Already 2 out of 4 imaxes that released showtimes for Mon-Tue are getting full and 1 is on its way there. 

5 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Woahhh....Koimoi is fucked up they do dont research before presenting facts. Bahubali2 ticket prices were touching Rs 500-600 ($7-$9) in most of the screens whereas AIW has had nominal increase due to GST. 

Rest of the article looks fine. 

I have seen ticket prices in Mumbai upto 900 and that too for a normal screen, no atmos or vip or whatever. The evening shows over the weekend in many of the big cinemas have tickets well over 500 average. I think ticket prices have been jacked up for this movie at least here in Mumbai. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yup, those numbers are with a day still to go and typically sales on Thursday are quite high. Although with so many show times already booked or near completely booked people are gonna have trouble finding good seats. I think we are gonna see spillover effect onto the weekdays and then next weekend too. Already 2 out of 4 imaxes that released showtimes for Mon-Tue are getting full and 1 is on its way there. 

I have seen ticket prices in Mumbai upto 900 and that too for a normal screen, no atmos or vip or whatever. The evening shows over the weekend in many of the big cinemas have tickets well over 500 average. I think ticket prices have been jacked up for this movie at least here in Mumbai. 

In Bangalore its pretty much the same except for few plexes which usually increases ticket prices in weekends for biggies. Hyderabad and Chennai is the same with an increase due to GST.

For Bahubali2 i remember the lowest was 350-400 in bangalore and that too for morning show in few theaters whereas for avengers i see the highest in 3d screens is not crossing 400. 

48 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Bahubali2 ticket prices were touching Rs 500-600 ($7-$9) in most of the screens whereas AIW has had nominal increase due to GST. 

I think that hike is pretty common for big blockbuster movie especially in Tier 1 city multiplexes , this isn't new or unheard of.

42 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

think we are gonna see spillover effect onto the weekdays and then next weekend too. Already 2 out of 4 imaxes that released showtimes for Mon-Tue are getting full and 1 is on its way there. 

That's what I anticipated in the last page as fans have hoarded all the tickets afap for the opening so you can expect low foot falls since the coming mid week and 2nd weekend gets buoyed by families and repeat business crowd.

6 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I think that hike is pretty common for big blockbuster movie especially in Tier 1 city multiplexes , this isn't new or unheard of.

BB2 ticket prices were increased two fold everywhere including its home state where they got special permissions form govt. 

All im trying to say is AIW does not have huge advantage like BB2 where its ticket prices have  been increased all over. AIW is pulling people on its own merit and stamina and ticket prices should not be factored for its success. 

Final update on AIW bookings (English 3D) :) 

Extra shows were added in few plexes and non traditional (Mostly local languages) screens too have opened bookings for AIW in Bangalore.

Based on my count out of 250 shows in plexes 240+ shows are full while others are mostly additional shows or having less than 10% seats.

Single screens have restricted PS. Some are counter bokkings while others are online so its hard to gauge the bookings. 

There are 3 Single screens which have excellent bookings with 80-90% of tickets sold out online. (Online quota)

Non traditional screens depends on walk-ins and its like a bonus to AIW. 

Chennai plexes and single screens are going full as well with only few shows having 10 seats rest are sold out and bookings for day 2 is very strong. (Similar to Bangalore)

Hyderabad is the real deal none of the plexes have single ticket left! It has competition from local biggie thats the reason... if not it would have had more shows and status similar to above two cities.

2D version too has good bookings. Mostly 80-90% full or sold out. Not tracking dubbed versions.

These 3 are metropolitan cities down south and these 3 contribute the most. 

I had a look at other cities and towns as well here. Bookings are insane for english versions even tier 2 cities recording fulls.

Had a look at Mumbai, Pune  (West India) as well right from morning shows are almost full or soldout. 

Edited by John Rambo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

No, it's not common. BB producers are facing court case right now in which they can be fined as high as 400 cr.

Its common down south though. Biggies in Telugu and Tamil get price hikes for OD or OW or week and it depends on distributor of that particular region to secure permission.

There is concept of Benefit shows for telugu movies in Hyderabad. When a biggie releases single screen theatres allot a shows (1-2) as early as 1am, 3am, 5am. These theaters have more than 500-600 seating capacity and they charge 800-1500 depending on classes. 20-30 Benefit shows will be showcased at various theaters and again for this they have secure permission of local authorities. 

Same thing in Tamil Nadu but benefit shows dont come into picture. When a biggie is released during major festivals like Pongal or Diwali ticket prices are hiked from A-D centers. Tamil movies usually have consistently high grosses due to this as hikes are for a week or two. 

3 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Its common down south though. Biggies in Telugu and Tamil get price hikes for OD or OW or week and it depends on distributor of that particular region to secure permission.

There is concept of Benefit shows for telugu movies in Hyderabad. When a biggie releases single screen theatres allot a shows (1-2) as early as 1am, 3am, 5am. These theaters have more than 500-600 seating capacity and they charge 800-1500 depending on classes. 20-30 Benefit shows will be showcased at various theaters and again for this they have secure permission of local authorities. 

Same thing in Tamil Nadu but benefit shows dont come into picture. When a biggie is released during major festivals like Pongal or Diwali ticket prices are hiked from A-D centers. Tamil movies usually have consistently high grosses due to this as hikes are for a week or two. 

They didn't take the permission in many northern regions and telangana. The case is from a RTI activist.

1 minute ago, Premium George said:

They didn't take the permission in many northern regions and telangana. The case is from a RTI activist.

North i agree but Telangana is somewhat surprising considering home state :thinking: As of now the case is leaning towards which party ?

8 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

North i agree but Telangana is somewhat surprising considering home state :thinking: As of now the case is leaning towards which party ?

Case is mostly against exhibitors. Producers will don't get any punishment, as they are not found complicit in hike in letter by home department dated 13th april. IDK, anything about this type of cases.

• ...wtf 1

Top Advances Alltime - Infinity War Bumper Opening Assured
Friday 27 April 2018 08.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Avengers - Infinity War has taken the second biggest advance of all time behind Bahubali - The Conclusion as it has notched up pre sales of aound 29 crore nett. This is higher than any outright Hindi film easily surpassing the two Salman Khan starrers Tiger Zinda Hai and Sultan which were both holiday releases.

Its actually sad to see the top films in terms of advance are not from the Hindi film industry and more than being top two its how far ahead they are in terms of advance. This could never have happened  around twenty years back when the Hindi film industry made far more universal films as compared to the urban multiplex films it makes today.

The advance of Avengers - Infinity War is higher than Bahubali - The Conclusion  in terms of Nett Gross at most of the metro multiplexes but the difference is other multiplexes and single screens where Bahubali - The Conclusion is better. The advance means a bumper opening for Avengers - Infinity War and it will be about how high the opening day number can go as the screen count is around 2000 screens compared to 4000 plus of normal big releases though capacity has been built due to highest rates ever and the increment for 3D screenings.

The top ten advances of all time are as follows.

1. Bahubali - The Conclusion - 37,53,00,000

2, Avengers - Infinity War - 29,00,00,000 apprx

3. Tiger Zinda Hai - 24,76,00,000 

4. Sultan - 21,53,00,000

5. Dangal  - 18,84,00,000

6. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - 15,73,00,000

7. Dhoom 3 - 15,18,00,000

8. Happy New Year  -  13,62,00,000

9.  Kick - 12,89,00,000

10. Bajrangi Bhajaan - 12,65,00,000

27 minutes ago, John Rambo said:
Top Advances Alltime - Infinity War Bumper Opening Assured
Friday 27 April 2018 08.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Avengers - Infinity War has taken the second biggest advance of all time behind Bahubali - The Conclusion as it has notched up pre sales of aound 29 crore nett. This is higher than any outright Hindi film easily surpassing the two Salman Khan starrers Tiger Zinda Hai and Sultan which were both holiday releases.

Its actually sad to see the top films in terms of advance are not from the Hindi film industry and more than being top two its how far ahead they are in terms of advance. This could never have happened  around twenty years back when the Hindi film industry made far more universal films as compared to the urban multiplex films it makes today.

The advance of Avengers - Infinity War is higher than Bahubali - The Conclusion  in terms of Nett Gross at most of the metro multiplexes but the difference is other multiplexes and single screens where Bahubali - The Conclusion is better. The advance means a bumper opening for Avengers - Infinity War and it will be about how high the opening day number can go as the screen count is around 2000 screens compared to 4000 plus of normal big releases though capacity has been built due to highest rates ever and the increment for 3D screenings.

The top ten advances of all time are as follows.

1. Bahubali - The Conclusion - 37,53,00,000

2, Avengers - Infinity War - 29,00,00,000 apprx

3. Tiger Zinda Hai - 24,76,00,000 

4. Sultan - 21,53,00,000

5. Dangal  - 18,84,00,000

6. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - 15,73,00,000

7. Dhoom 3 - 15,18,00,000

8. Happy New Year  -  13,62,00,000

9.  Kick - 12,89,00,000

10. Bajrangi Bhajaan - 12,65,00,000

If I'm doing the math correctly then that's about $4.4 million USD in advanced sales. I see that Baahubali 2 did about $45 million USD opening weekend and about $110 million USD overall. Do you think it's possible to get half of that (roughly 360 crore) total?  

1 hour ago, The Mad Titan said:

If I'm doing the math correctly then that's about $4.4 million USD in advanced sales. I see that Baahubali 2 did about $45 million USD opening weekend and about $110 million USD overall. Do you think it's possible to get half of that (roughly 360 crore) total?  

No. Baahubali had huge repeat views and it just kept going and going. IW will not have type of huge views and it will be more frontloaded as well. 

Also that 110m figure for Baahubali is only for Hindi Language whereas the figure for all India may be closer to 250m. The figure for Infinity war is likely for whole india

On 4/26/2018 at 2:24 AM, ZeeSoh said:

IMAX status in Mumbai for the weekend

Total showtimes - 47

Sellouts - 36

90-95% sellouts - 9

80-90% sellouts - 2

The fourth IMAX has yet to release times and start prebooking. Pretty sure every IMAX show is gonna be completely sold out for the weekend. No hollywood movie has ever come close to this level of presales and hype ever. The amount of shows available is on par with big bollywood releases and even the non imax shows are selling incredibly well. I think presales are as good as or even better than any local blockbuster except Bahubali 2

IMAX status in Mumbai for the weekend

Total showtimes - 47

Sellouts - 41

90-95% sellouts - 4

80-90% sellouts - 2

Friday is completely sold out as is Saturday till afternoon. The remaining shows all have a few seats in the front row or to the sides available only so they may not get completely or 95% and above full but they are for all intents and purposes will fill up completely by tomorrow. 

The Imax shows for Mon-Tue are also filling up very fast and most are in the 80-95% sold range already