Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Gross worldwide 165cr (all time 4th highest)

Gross only India 126cr (all time 4th highest)

Nett only india 105.7cr (all time highest)

Share worldwide 98.6cr (all time highest)

Share only India 74.7 (all time highest)

Share in India is likely to be around 60% or (even lower) of nett. So 74.7 cr share from 105.7 cr nett is impossible.

OS gross is around 33 cr. Share is no nore than 17 cr.

Edited by jb007

Saw the movie..... first half was pretty badly done..... bad action sequences, bad scenes, bad acting , bad everything..... 2/5. At this point the thought of walking out of the theater had crossed my mind.

But the second half was pretty good, especially the effects and execution of action sequences. 4/5

It really felt like the first and second half were made by two different directors.

Overall 3/5.

Share in India is likely to be around 60% or (even lower) of nett. So 74.7 cr share from 105.7 cr nett is impossible.

OS gross is around 33 cr. Share is no nore than 17 cr.

In south india share will be 80% of nett , north india 50% approximately

Overseas gross gross is 39c + , share will be approximately 60% of gross 

Very less theatre rentals , tax and ticket prices compared to north india

Edited by Nostalgia

Saw the movie..... first half was pretty badly done..... bad action sequences, bad scenes, bad acting , bad everything..... 2/5. At this point the thought of walking out of the theater had crossed my mind.

But the second half was pretty good, especially the effects and execution of action sequences. 4/5

It really felt like the first and second half were made by two different directors.

Overall 3/5.

Yeah, the first half was pretty mediocre. But the natural scenery, especially the Waterfalls were pretty beautifully done for an Indian movie and the audience appeared to be pretty amazed by the beauty. The worst scenes, though were that cheesy song in which he slowly removed her clothing and she fell in love with him so fast and then the ice-sledge scenes which was downright horrible. 

As for the second half, it was really really good when talking about just Indian film, infact any film, although to be honest, somehow the action kept reminding me of Mad Max 4 and, needless to say, it was nothing compared to that.

So overall I don't personally see the film as a masterpiece or even close but what I was happy to see was a complete new step in terms of quality, scope and grandeur for the Indian Cinema and I am hoping this bods good things for the future. 

In south india share will be 80% of nett , north india 50% approximately

Overseas gross gross is 39c + , share will be approximately 60% of gross 

Very less theatre rentals , tax and ticket prices compared to north india

As far as Karnataka goes, the numbers say otherwise. The distributor, RS Productions is my close friend and he bought out my second movie, Bahaddur.

Karnataka : First 3 days (all versions)

Gross: Rs. 13.9 Crores

Nett: Rs. 9.8 Crores

Share: Rs.6.01 Crores

Share is 61% of Nett and 43% of Gross. 

Bajrangi Bhaijaan has opened with 102.60 crore nett ($22m) in India.... the breakdown is as follows:

Fri: 27.25 crore

Sat: 36.50 crore

Sun: 38.75 crore

200 crore is locked at this point, though 250 crore looks difficult.

Seems like an excellent number for Bhajarangi Bhaijaan given that this is not a typical Salman Khan movie. 

One of my uncles is a producer on Bajrangi Bhaijaan, he put up like 10% of the budget. He is happy right now. Although he had many sleepless nights thanks to Salman Khan's hit and run case.

• Like 1

One of my uncles is a producer on Bajrangi Bhaijaan, he put up like 10% of the budget. He is happy right now. Although he had many sleepless nights thanks to Salman Khan's hit and run case.

Rockline is your uncle?

Rockline is your uncle?

Not Rockline, this guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6936072/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr2

Jewelry is his main occupation. Apparently Rockline is an acquaintance and he got convinced to invest around 5-7 crore into Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Pretty much like 80-90% of his life's savings. Good thing he invested it in a Salman Khan Eid release.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Bajrangi Bhaijaan has opened with 102.60 crore nett ($22m) in India.... the breakdown is as follows:

Fri: 27.25 crore

Sat: 36.50 crore

Sun: 38.75 crore

200 crore is locked at this point, though 250 crore looks difficult.

I might be seeing this today.

I loved Baahubali, but it was my first Indian film at the theaters.  I was in awe of the spectacle of it.  It reminded me of an 80's movie in so many ways and I guess that is what appealed to me.  I found the direction in the second half to be outstanding and I thought the lead was very charismatic.  

So how much has Baahubali made WW so far?  

Seems like an excellent number for Bhajarangi Bhaijaan given that this is not a typical Salman Khan movie. 

And I finally get to see one of his movies.  I have heard so much about him because of this forum.

And I finally get to see one of his movies. I have heard so much about him because of this forum.

Amazingly I have not watched any of his movies either. Since I plan to watch it, we both get to watch his movie for the first time :)

• Like 2

Just before I moved to the US in the late 80s, I had watched Amir Khan's debut movie QSQT. During my 20 year stay in the US, I had not watched any Hindi movie. 22 years after Tezaab, I watched Rajneethi in 2010. Since then I have watched about 15 or so Hindi movies.

No Salman movies and 1 Shahrukh movie, Don2 which was horrible. But watched several Amir Khan movies like Talaash, D3 and PK. Mainly movies like OMG, Kahaani from others.