Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

I might be seeing this today.

I loved Baahubali, but it was my first Indian film at the theaters.  I was in awe of the spectacle of it.  It reminded me of an 80's movie in so many ways and I guess that is what appealed to me.  I found the direction in the second half to be outstanding and I thought the lead was very charismatic.  

So how much has Baahubali made WW so far?  

It has crossed $50m WW in 10 days.

• Like 1

taran adarsh ‏@taran_adarsh  1m1 minute ago
#BajrangiBhaijaan Monday figure revised. Fri 27.25 cr, Sat 36.60 cr, Sun 38.75 cr, Mon 27.05 cr. Total: ₹ 129.65 cr. AWESOME!

what's the biggest opening record?

#BajrangiBhaijaan Monday figure revised. Fri 27.25 cr, Sat 36.60 cr, Sun 38.75 cr, Mon 27.05 cr. Total: ₹ 129.65 cr. AWESOME!

Opening week is PK with 183.09 Cr.

• Like 1

Bajrangi Bhaijan was a great movie. Salman actually acted!!

250 crore will be easy..even 300 crore is possible.

Kabir Khan has made good films. Kabul express, New York, Ek that tiger(not as good as first two, but still solid), Bajrangi Bhaijan

His only misfire will be Phantom, which has been delayed countless times.

Edited by marveldcfox

Going by numbers provided by producers, Happy New Year holds the record. BB is in 2nd place if you count just Hindi version.

Biggest opening weekends:

1. Happy New Year - 104.10 (108.86 including Tamil+Telugu)

2. Bajrangi Bhaijan - 102.60

3. Dhoom 3 - 100.76 (107.61 including Tamil+Telugu)

4. Chennai Express - 100.42 (including Thursday previews)

5. PK - 95.21

6. Kick - 83.83

But producers have been fudging the grosses to claim records. Another source for numbers in India is trade figure. Going by that the sequence changes and BB claims the new record.

1. Bajrangi Bhaijan - 101.16

2. Happy New Year - 97.02 (99.91 including Tamil+Telugu)

3. Dhoom 3 - 94.96 (101.96 including Tamil+Telugu)

4. PK - 94.19

5. Chennai Express - 92.00 (including Thursday previews)

6. Kick - 82.01

250 crore will be easy..even 300 crore is possible.

Yes 250 crore is almost locked. It crossed 150 crore on Tuesday and will be close to 180 crore after Thursday.

300 crore still looks too far to me. The numbers are boosted by Eid and they soon will come back to normal. Kick did 61.54 crore from 2nd week onwards after 164 crore first week. I think BB will be able to do another 80 crore.

The target for BB should be Dhoom 3 for all-time #2 spot. It did 271.5 crore for Hindi version (284.3 crore including Tamil&Telugu). Trade figures are around 9 crore lower.

Going by numbers provided by producers, Happy New Year holds the record. BB is in 2nd place if you count just Hindi version.

Biggest opening weekends:

1. Happy New Year - 104.10 (108.86 including Tamil+Telugu)

2. Bajrangi Bhaijan - 102.60

3. Dhoom 3 - 100.76 (107.61 including Tamil+Telugu)

4. Chennai Express - 100.42 (including Thursday previews)

5. PK - 95.21

6. Kick - 83.83

But producers have been fudging the grosses to claim records. Another source for numbers in India is trade figure. Going by that the sequence changes and BB claims the new record.

1. Bajrangi Bhaijan - 101.16

2. Happy New Year - 97.02 (99.91 including Tamil+Telugu)

3. Dhoom 3 - 94.96 (101.96 including Tamil+Telugu)

4. PK - 94.19

5. Chennai Express - 92.00 (including Thursday previews)

6. Kick - 82.01

All versions weekend it is bahubali 105.6cr nett

Only Hindi or any single language bhajrangi bhaijaan

As far as Karnataka goes, the numbers say otherwise. The distributor, RS Productions is my close friend and he bought out my second movie, Bahaddur.

Karnataka : First 3 days (all versions)

Gross: Rs. 13.9 Crores

Nett: Rs. 9.8 Crores

Share: Rs.6.01 Crores

Share is 61% of Nett and 43% of Gross.

That's not how it work , I don't know for which movie u r saying. Tax / rentals changes from dubbed movie( for hindi movies they charge high , local films very low) straight movie and also from demand for the movie.

Bahubali has been purchased for 18cr in Karnataka while highest distributor share is 21cr in Karnataka. Bahubali did 20.5cr share in Karnataka in first week itself and is currently highest distributor share movie in Karnataka.

More the demand more the ticket price that's how it's working for bahubali.

For example in general rs120 ticket price, share is around 80.

Bahubali ticket prices are 200/300 even 500 but rentals / taxes are same.

Even pk had high ticket prices in few areas. Hiking ticket prices on demand in cinematic terms is called flats.

During flats nett share and share will be high.Flats are very common in karnataka , andhra pradesh and tamil nadu.

I didnot say clearly in my quote post

Edited by Nostalgia

That's not how it work , I don't know for which movie u r saying. Tax / rentals changes from dubbed movie( for hindi movies they charge high , local films very low) straight movie and also from demand for the movie.

Bahubali has been purchased for 18cr in Karnataka while highest distributor share is 21cr in Karnataka. Bahubali did 20.5cr share in Karnataka in first week itself and is currently highest distributor share movie in Karnataka.

More the demand more the ticket price that's how it's working for bahubali.

For example in general rs120 ticket price, share is around 80.

Bahubali ticket prices are 200/300 even 500 but rentals / taxes are same.

Even pk had high ticket prices in few areas. Hiking ticket prices on demand in cinematic terms is called flats.

During flats nett share and share will be high.Flats are very common in karnataka , andhra pradesh and tamil nadu.

I didnot say clearly in my quote post

Barring Kannada movies, Entertainment tax is 30% of ticket value in Karnataka for all other languages.

As far as Karnataka goes, the numbers say otherwise. The distributor, RS Productions is my close friend and he bought out my second movie, Bahaddur.

Karnataka : First 3 days (all versions)

Gross: Rs. 13.9 Crores

Nett: Rs. 9.8 Crores

Share: Rs.6.01 Crores

Share is 61% of Nett and 43% of Gross. 

highly doubt these weekend figures...as per BOI baahubali collected 30c+ nett in KA for the 1st week

highly doubt these weekend figures...as per BOI baahubali collected 30c+ nett in KA for the 1st week

Absolutely. BOI is a better source than the person who is distributing the movie in Karnataka.

Btw 30 crores nett means almost 43 crore gross from Mysore (w/o North karnataka region) That is not only impossible but a laughable statement from someone who doesn't know anything about the karnataka market.

Edited by jb007

Absolutely. BOI is a better source than the person who is distributing the movie in Karnataka.

Btw 30 crores nett means almost 43 crore gross from Mysore (w/o North karnataka region) That is not only impossible but a laughable statement from someone who doesn't know anything about the karnataka market.

Even as per the below guy...who regularly gives updates of KA movies....

who claims to be from distribution background....BB collected 40.4 nett in 10 days....

https://twitter.com/kaboxoffice

Even as per the below guy...who regularly gives updates of KA movies....

who claims to be from distribution background....BB collected 40.4 nett in 10 days....

https://twitter.com/kaboxoffice

Always take south indian movie gross reports with a grain of salt I.e. a big grain of salt.

North Karnataka accounts on average 25 % to one-third of entire karnataka gross. That would mean total karnataka gross of 65 crores in one week for Baahubali. That is BS of the highest quality. Just think about the numbers and see how real that sounds.

Edited by jb007

Bajrangi Bhaijaan grossed 184.62 crore in its first week, and is a new record just for the Hindi version. In terms of all-India collection, it is still behind Dhoom 3 however.

All time 1st week collections:

1. Bajrangi Bhaijan - 184.62

2. PK - 183.09

3. Dhoom 3 - 178.97 (188.98 including Tamil+Telugu)

4. Kick - 164.19

5. Chennai Express - 156.70 (including Thursday previews)

6. Happy New Year - 151.87 (157.57 including Tamil+Telugu)

In gross collections, it is very close to 250 crore. Overseas it should easily be over 80 crore now. So the worldwide gross is around 330 crore ($51-52m). It should cross 300 crore in India and 100 crore overseas by this weekend.

As far as the second weekend is concerned, PK grossed 53.49Cr, Dhoom 3 grossed 38.85Cr (all languages) while Kick did 34.02 crore.

Edited by Fake

Watched Bajrangi Bhaijaan yesterday. This is the most non-Salman Khanesque movie ever. Surprisingly, Salman steps out of the spotlight for the entire second half which is pretty much the Nawazuddin show.

I was gonna say that. Usually, while very entertaining, Salman Khan's movies are often ridiculous and ignoring the script. But this one has a decent and moving story, and some good acting too. it felt more like an Aamir Khan movie. I was pleasantly surprised. Nawazuddin was perfect in this. The little girl was great too. She's super adorable.

Edited by catlover

Wow! BB is unstoppable! It grossed 13.15 crore on Friday and should come close to 50 crore for the weekend. Very impressive.

I thought it will start dropping by now, but it has held up very well. 300 crore is looking very likely atm.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/Details/art_detail/bajrangibhaijaansetforsecondweekendrecord#.VbWg4bNVhBc

Bajrangi Bhaijaan is set a new second weekend record as the film continues to show phenomenal trend with second Saturday growth set to be around 50% plus. The collections should go to to 19-20 crore nett on Saturday which will give it around 32 crore nett over two days in the second weekend. 

PK had grossed 53 crore nett in its second weekend and unless Sunday goes wrong which is very unlikely it is sure to have a second weekend record and it could be by a margin.