CloneWars

Why Does Planes Have a $50M Budget

Disney originally wanted $200M+, but one exec stepped up and said "guys, we gotta be responsible every once in a while. We'll have plenty of money to blow on 2015, lets spend $50M on Planes instead". Then another exac said "the last guy to propose that got fired."Disney went with it, but the exec was fired and is currently filing for wrongful termination in court.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 6

Disney originally wanted $200M+, but one exec stepped up and said "guys, we gotta be responsible every once in a while. We'll have plenty of money to blow on 2015, lets spend $50M on Planes instead". Then another exac said "the last guy to propose that got fired."Disney went with it, but the exec was fired and is currently filing for wrongful termination in court.

:lol:

Brilliant!

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

No straight to DVD Disney has a had budget as high as that (to my best knowledge).

Tinkerbell cost more than Planes does, and it was DTV, and made solid profit.Then...all the sequels cost a lot less.The same will happen with Planes. The first film I believe is just absorbing some initial franchise costs which will pay off on the future films.I mean...if I had to guess... Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2