RyneOh1040

Wednesday Numbers (TMI DOA w/$3m opening)

Hollywood will probably try and make Hemsworth happen for a couple more years before they give up. Paranoia didn't kill his career but it won't last long. Dude doesn't have the presence to keep it up. He reminds me of Josh Hartnett. 

I liked Josh Hartnett though. 

Colin Farrell has starred in so many flops and he keeps getting lead roles. I don't know how any of these young people can be written off.

• Like 1

I quote myself again: none of which either made a lot or were critically acclaimed. In fact, they were not looked on favorably at all.

Besides which, an 11m OW was not exactly setting the house on fire, even back in '89 (though the movie was not a flop financially).

If you want to try to establish some sort of solid hit, use DRAGNET.

Fine! Whatever!

If you did then it should be over with this, then why the hell are you still arguing with baumer and telenachos? 

Because I have my own opinion and I don’t agree with what everyone says.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

I can't believe cairo and boxofficefanatic haven't given up yet and admitted that alot could happen with Liam's career even with such flop. 

It's not like it's going to kill you. 

I've said in several posts his career isn't over and he could become a star one day but I haven't seen any evidence of talent or charisma that would have lead me to believe he'll become one.

Maybe you should read the posts more carefully before complaining.

• Like 1

How? Is Steve Jobs super famous in Portugal?

Steve Jobs is super famous everywhere and the marketing campaign was good. The release date also helps. August is the best month of the year over here.

No in this case you said it yourself he might have a future in this, so what more is there to discuss. 

People post different things, and I respond to them. That’s what a forum is for.

It’s not like I’m swearing and calling everyone stupid for saying that Hemsworth could become a major star in the future.

• Like 4

I've said in several posts his career isn't over and he could become a star one day but I haven't seen any evidence of talent or charisma that would have lead me to believe he'll become one.

Maybe you should read the posts more carefully before complaining.

Your he could become a star one day ends this damn thing and no need for evidence with just one movie in the lead role. 

The guy made one movie in a lead role and it flopped and not all is his fault. You are trying to judge his talent and charisma based on this one. 

Steve Jobs is super famous everywhere and the marketing campaign was good. The release date also helps. August is the best month of the year over here.

I really shouldn’t be surprised.

It did better in Portugal than America, and Steve Jobs is an American Icon, which makes it even more shocking.

People post different things, and I respond to them. That’s what a forum is for.

It’s not like I’m swearing and calling everyone stupid for saying that Hemsworth could become a major star in the future.

I don't care about those other arguments, I am talking about this one, it seems like it's not over yet. 

Depp, Hanks and DiCaprio were worse off at the beginning of their careers than Hemsworth is in his.

If "worse" means making movies like Freddy, Platoon, Gilbert Grape, This Boy's Life, Edward Scissorhands, Big and not big tentpoles that do 400M WW at BO, yeah they were "worse"...

But I think in the case of DiCaprio and Depp at least; that's the "worse" they were aiming for...

I don't care about those other arguments, I am talking about this one, it seems like it's not over yet. 

That’s cause there’s plenty to talk about when it comes to the subject of Liam Hemsworth as a major star.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic