DoctorWho

True Detective

I see the 'where are the women?' questions have already started online...

This time it is a valid complaint since shortly after Season 1 ended the showrunner said his idea for Season 2 centered around female characters.

This time it is a valid complaint since shortly after Season 1 ended the showrunner said his idea for Season 2 centered around female characters.

Pizzolatto said he scrapped his early season 2 draft, removed whole characters, and pretty much started over. He said he wasn't happy with what he had as he felt he was writing for peoples expectations, so that may no longer be the case. Edited by Magic

Farrell and Kitsch is a pretty significant downgrade

Downgrade? Have you even seen Saving Mr Banks? He deserved an Osacar for his performance in that movie.

I can totally see Farrell in a role similar to McConaughey.

Colin Farrell is good but NO McConaughey/Harrelson

Well Mc Conaughey was not considered a great actor until people saw him on Mud, Dallas Buyers Club and True Detective.

I say give Colin Farrell a chance.

The new mystery is to be kickstarted by the murder of Ray Caspar, City Manager of a fictional Californian city. From what I can gather, the new, partly invented map that Pizzolatto is drawing will be essential to his new story. As he teased, some months ago, part of the mystery will involve California’s transportation systems. This plot will involve a corrupt scheme to link North and South California with a high speed train, all in pursuit of profitable land ownership and lucrative federal grants.

Can you say Chinatown?

• Like 1

Watched the show in 2 days

Script is insanely good at times ... its not bad at others but at times it really goes there HARD

Woody and Matthew were both amazing ... even though Matthew had a bit of a flashier role in the way his character was written but still bravo to both ... Michelle Monaghan irritates me a lot she almost ruined Source Code for me but here she was really good I gotta give her props ... btw was that her real ass in episode 6 I thought it was an ass double it was way too fucking big and juicy in comparison to the rest of her

HBO really does love to show tits don't they I mean that actress with great boobs didn't have anything to do in this other than to have that T&A scene ... once again I must stress that she has one of the best chests in Hollywood ( especially after Scarlett had a breast reduction :(  )

overall - it was good with flashes of brilliance throughout but with 2 performances worthy of oscars let alone emmys

Vince Vaughn is in talks to play the central antagonist (not necessarily the villain or murderer – this is a mystery-based series after all) on the second season of HBO's “True Detective,” while Elisabeth Moss (“Mad Men”) is being eyed for the female lead and Michelle Forbes (“The Killing”) is in contention for a key role on the show, TheWrap has learned.

Colin Farrell is nearing a deal to star, while Taylor Kitsch is the frontrunner to play the younger male lead, as TheWrap first reported.

http://www.thewrap.com/true-detective-plot-details-emerge-vince-vaughn-in-talks-elisabeth-moss-circling/

I always like seeing Vaughn do more than his usual shtick, so this is fine by me

Was kinda hoping they'd cast Alexandra Daddario in a new role for this season. Guess that ain't happening. :lol:

If they're looking for someone new to do a prominent nude scene that gets everyone talking, they should look into Leven Rambin. She's friends with Daddario, having been her costar in Percy Jackson 2, and she's pretty prominent in the chesticular area.