DoctorWho

True Detective

Definitely going for a more expansive, detailed plot this season around. That plus 4 main characters instead of 2 will make the setup more challenging.

First episode was solid, some pretty good foundation, though the Kitsch stuff kinda just flobbed by.

XA1YWMK.gif

• Like 3

well they only had an hour to get four story lines across. I personally liked McAdams the best. But maybe because I never got to see any of the first season the season is already really good to me. I will definitely watching this full season

I mean I really dug his facial acting when he was riding on the motorcycle with an intent to kill himself, but his story was the least interesting of the 4.

I thought some of the highway shots with him on his bike looked good and I lol'd at him waiting for his boner pill to kick in in the bathroom, so at the very least I'd say it's more interesting than what vaughn's doing so far.

I enjoyed the pilot enough, although it's clear that California just isn't as mysterious as the Louisiana setting and some of the dialogue felt like Pizzolatto was bringing his show dangerously close to self-parody (Farrell to the bully: "You're 12 years old and you're already evil as fuck!"). But I accepted that this season was gonna be a drop-off in quality a while ago so I'm still on board.

• Like 1

Was alright, but nowhere near the instant classic the first one was. Verges dangerously close to cartoony and self-parody at times. The writing is not as good or memorable as in season one, nor is Lin as skillful a director as Fukunaga. Farrell is MVP in my book. Such an underrated actor.

So True Detective wants to pull a Game Of Thrones... please dont.

I wouldn't mind it, though I would have preferred it happened to Kitsch instead of Farrell.

GoT didn't invent the shocking death, even if the material that the show adapted made it 'en vogue.' But this is an 8 episode anthology. They can take these liberties and it won't be a death for the sake of death because it's a limited story. Besides, it lessens the clutter of 3 view points and it ups the stakes considerably.

There's been so many shots of him in the promos that haven't been in the show yet that yeah, I so don't think he's dead. Overall I thought this episode was an improvement but that scene at the start with vince vaughn monologue-ing was really, really bad. I don't think he's selling his dialogue at all. there was one scene in the episode where he actually looked awake.

so i watched true detective s2e1 it was ok can't tell much either way but now i'm watching ep 2 and a thought came to mind they're all talking like if they're  in sin city films , its jarring and i have a hard time concentrating on what they're saying , might take some getting use to....