DoctorWho

True Detective

So I just got around to watching the show. The lead actors are great but I think overall the show was okay not spectacular. The build up was great in the first 4 episodes but then it just dragged for a while before ending with a whimper. I guess I am not a fan of TV shows because I feel that this would have been better off as a 120-130 minute long movie.

I think I like the intro more than the show itself :)

William Friedkin Has Met With 'True Detective' Creator Nic Pizzolatto, Potentially In Mix For Season 2

"I am considering it." said Friedkin. "I like this writer [Nic Pizzolatto] very much. I've met him, and he's the real deal as far as I'm concerned. Now, all the new seasons are different so I'm not committed—this new season has nothing to do with the last one. Except for him and his sensibility, which I think is extraordinary."

Pushing a little to get him to confirm that he's in the mix, Friedkin remained positive but circumspect.

"I'm… I can't say much more at this time. But I'm a fan of his writing, even though this will not be a continuation of what was done before with [Matthew] McConaughey [with whom obviously Friedkin has a relationship after 'Killer Joe'] and Woody Harrelson. So what you can say is I'm a huge fan of his writing, I've met with him, I like him, I like the direction he's taking with this."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/exclusive-william-friedkin-has-met-with-true-detective-creator-nic-pizzolatto-potentially-in-mix-for-season-2-20140709?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 7

I watched the 2014 THR drama showrunner roundtable last night. Pizzolatto mentioned that he gave McConaughey and Harrelson box sets of Deadwood and The Wire to watch in preparation for True Detective.Thought that was interesting.

the wrap is saying the show might get the Kitsch of death too....

You mean the only cast member of The Normal Heart to not get an Emmy nom?

I like the Farrell pick. He's great when he's not the lead in something trying to be BIG or romantic.