ExcelFTW

Any REAL doubts that SUPERMAN vs. BATMAN will crush every record in existence?

I don't give a shit.. When you look at the number I just layed out, that's more than fucking winning for any superhero movie that Batman vs Superman even wishes they would achieve..

:lol:Just pointing that your predictions contradict your earlier statement ;)
  • Like 1

Yes based on how MOS opened it will be quite front loaded but even so the numbers should be massive.

TA2 will be front loaded but it benefits from having 2-3 weeks to itself so its going to have a decent Multiplier no worse then IM3 I imagine and that is fine considering the massive opening weekend it will have.

I think the major advantage TA2 has is family audiences, we saw this with TA2 and with IM3, the Marvel brand has successfully become insanely popular with the Disney age crowd. 

Avengers could have a worse multiple than IM3. 

Avengers could have a worse multiple than IM3. 

unless TA2 is terrible, I can't see a worse multiplier than IM3. No big movie will be brave enough to release at least two weeks after TA2 OW. IM3 had Gatsby, STiD, TH3 and FF6 of competition 

• Like 3

Jurassic Park 2: dropped

Empire Strikes Back:  dropped

TDKR:  dropped

Harry Potter 2:  dropped

Spiderman 2: dropped

Jaws 2:  dropped

I don't feel like doing research but this is off the top of my head.

• Like 4

Well get ready to see the 1 time where the sequel actually outdoes the original cause TA2 is going to do it without skipping a beat.. It's just too insanely popular right now and MARVEL'S Flagship movie for this not to occur after the staggering amount of $$$ it's made.. It's clear the GA loves it and this is undisputed..

As baumer said, I do not doubt of Avengers popularity and if there is a movie with chances to surpass 623 million is TA2 (IMO, it has more chances than Avatar 2), but recognize that it is a very difficult challenge.

No matter how popular or loved TA is, I just can't see an increase. The novelty is not there anymore, and that is, IMO, the biggest factor that lead to repeat viewing business, which help TA's gross immensely. I think it'll open big again, 210M+, and with virtually no competitions in sight, as long as the movie doesn't suck badly, it'll reach 500M. But I don't see any numbers pass 550M at the moment.

• Like 6

TA 2 pretty much will still make 1.5 billion WW.

IMO, it will do quite more. I think 1.1-1.2 billion OS is the target. So, it should fly to about 1.7 billion WW. If the movie is as good as first part, I would not rule out 2 billion. It would be quite difficult, but not impossible.