CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2011 (Winners in 1st post)

It really sucks when there is a frontrunner, because you can always count on the Academy to be trite and choose it. I was begging for Basterds or Social Network to surprise, but I deep down new they wouldn't happen. Even if the film I don't want to win wins, I'd prefer it to be a surprise as opposed to a dreaded disappointment.

NBR's BP winner tends not to win BP, right? Anyway, what are the chances of Hugo getting a BP nom? It pretty much flopped on opening.

This may be true, but in the last twenty years only ROTK was not on NBR's top 10 and managed to win BP. So there might be a winner in there. i think Hugo has a great chance at a nomination.

WAFCA (DC Film Critics) Nominations:Best Film:The ArtistThe DescendantsDriveHugoWin WinBest Director:Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris)Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist)Alexander Payne (The Descendants)Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive)Martin Scorsese (Hugo)Best Actor:George Clooney (The Descendants)Jean Dujardin (The Artist)Michael Fassbender (Shame)Brad Pitt (Moneyball)Michael Shannon (Take Shelter)Best Actress:Viola Davis (The Help)Elizabeth Olsen (Martha Marcy May Marlene)Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady)Tilda Swinton (We Need to Talk About Kevin)Michelle Williams (My Week with Marilyn)Best Supporting Actor:Kenneth Branagh (My Week with Marilyn)Albert Brooks (Drive)John Hawkes (Martha Marcy May Marlene)Christopher Plummer (Beginners)Andy Serkis (Rise of the Planet of the Apes)Best Supporting Actress:Bérénice Bejo (The Artist)Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids)Carey Mulligan (Shame)Octavia Spencer (The Help)Shailene Woodley (The Descendants)Best Acting Ensemble:BridesmaidsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2The HelpHugoMargin CallBest Adapted Screenplay:Alexander Payne and Nate Faxon & Jim Rash (The Descendants)Tate Taylor (The Help)John Logan (Hugo)Steven Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin (Moneyball)Bridget O'Connor & Peter Straughan (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy)Best Original Screenplay:Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris)Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist)Tom McCarthy (Win Win)Annie Mumolo & Kristen Wiig (Bridesmaids)Will Reiser (50/50)Best Animated Feature:The Adventures of TintinArthur ChristmasPuss in BootsRangoWinnie the PoohBest Documentary:Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's JourneyBuckCave of Forgotten DreamsInto the Abyss: A Tale of Death, A Tale of LifeProject NimBest Foreign Language Film:13 AssassinsCertified CopyI Saw the DevilPinaThe Skin I Live InBest Art Direction:Lawrence Bennett, Production Designer, and Gregory S. Hooper, Art Director (The Artist)Stuart Craig, Production Designer, and Stephenie McMillan, Set Decorator (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)Dante Ferretti, Production Designer, and Francesca Lo Schiavo, Set Decorator (Hugo)Jack Fisk, Production Designer, and Jeanette Scott, Set Decorator (The Tree of Life)Rick Carter, Production Designer, and Lee Sandales, Set Decorator (War Horse)Best Cinematography:Guillaume Schiffman (The Artist)Robert Richardson (Hugo)Manuel Alberto Claro (Melancholia)Emmanuel Lubezki (The Tree of Life)Janusz Kaminski (War Horse)Best Score:Ludovic Bource (The Artist)Cliff Martinez (Drive)Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)Howard Shore (Hugo)John Williams (War Horse)http://www.wafca.com/awards/Winners announced Monday at 8AM

Edited by 4815162342