Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

49 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I don't understand how you guys think this is better than DH2 in any way, or even the best HP movie. 'Tis crazy!

DH1 and DH2 are the best in the series for me. DH1 is still slightly better for me, it's so great. Edited by Noctis

BI didn't find this as good as DH2, probably because it is an unfinished story. I really liked the scene explaining the Deathly Hallows but I found the camping scenes boring at times. And the climax was underwhelming to me as I have no attachment to Dobby.

• Like 1

Because charming as it is, it's unnecessary to the plot and does not move the characters forward in any significant way.

But it does move the characters forward. It's one of the most defining moments for those two, IMO.

How can you not love that scene?

Right?

But it does move the characters forward. It's one of the most defining moments for those two, IMO.

Not really. Harry and Hermione are both clearly dedicated to seeing their mission through before that scene, and it should be rather obvious after seven movies that they're close friends. At best, it's a cute scene (and one of the most memorable scenes that wasn't in the books); at worst, it just tacks on two more minutes that don't necessarily need to be included in an already very long movie. The scene could have been cut and the movie - and more particularly, the characters - would have lost nothing. That's hardly a "defining moment."I love these movies, don't get me wrong. It's just that the level of hyperbole about Harry Potter on this site is staggering. Edited by Webslinger

DH1 was a an unnecessary bore. Deathly hallows didn't need to be split into 2, Warner brothers just liked the sound of 2 billion instead of 1. The dancing and camping scenes in this movie just seems too fake and out of place, but potter loonies can't seem to see that. It was hard to feel any emotion for the characters in this film when the cast can't act their way out of a paper bag.Goblet of fire still remains the best IMO simply because it's everything a potter movie should be, fun, simple and entertaining. Then the series decided to take itself more serious which only made the franchise more of a bore.

DH1 was a an unnecessary bore. Deathly hallows didn't need to be split into 2, Warner brothers just liked the sound of 2 billion instead of 1. The dancing and camping scenes in this movie just seems too fake and out of place, but potter loonies can't seem to see that. It was hard to feel any emotion for the characters in this film when the cast can't act their way out of a paper bag.Goblet of fire still remains the best IMO simply because it's everything a potter movie should be, fun, simple and entertaining. Then the series decided to take itself more serious which only made the franchise more of a bore.

I could have written the same, including Goblet being the best within the franchise.