Plain Old Tele

Weekend estimates-on PG 11. Cloudy 2@35M

Well unlike other true event films such as well Howard's own Apollo 13, this is not that well known in the US so yeah they should of just put that in the opening.

On another similar note-if not for the trailers I would of never thought Catch me if you Can was a true story. Quite a few people thought it was a remake of a Cary Grant film that had a nearly identical premise.

The Saturday number is to watch for Cloudy.I wonder how On The Job did in limited release. I hope many Filipinos in US & Canada supported it

Too bad it wasn't our entry to the Oscars. I heard entries from the UK and Singapore are centered on Filipinos.

I was very young when Lauda had the accident, but i remember it was a shock, the story and pictures were on the cover of every newspaper here in Argentina.

I think it will perform great in South America and Europe where F1 is really popular.

• Like 1

Too bad it wasn't our entry to the Oscars. I heard entries from the UK and Singapore are centered on Filipinos.

Yeah although the one they picked Transit is a good movie as well and it was set in Israel and half of the airtime the characters were speaking in Hebrew, cinematography is also breathtaking. But one edge that On The Job is that it already premiered in Cannes and has a US distributor already that could have helped in the campaign,

Yup UK submitted Metro Manila, it's set in the Philippines with Filipino actors and crew but director is British. It will be shown in our Country on Oct. 9

Singapore submitted Iloilo which is about a Filipina OFW working as nanny/maid to a Singaporean family. It will be out in our country on December

Edited by forg

Cloudy 2 is way better than the critics say; it's a riot. If you even just liked the first one, it's worth checking out.

And for fun: THIS WEEK IN BLANK'S FILM THEORY CLASS THAT HAVE ODD PREDICTS!

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 - 45M B)

Rush - 17M :rofl:

Don Jon - 15M :lol:

Baggage Claim - 5M  :blink: