iceroll

Divergent OS Thread

Thank you!

The Hunger Games did $717,798 3-day

Twilight did $423,143 3-day

Hmm, not bad, not good, mediocre

500k in 4 days is bad. It's not because Twilight and THG got similar numbers that it makes it mediocre.

OS rights were sold for 65 mill so someone overhere must expect Big numbers160 mill

The big money came from Europe and Latin America. It is where the strong numbers are expected.

500k in 4 days is bad. It's not because Twilight and THG got similar numbers that it makes it mediocre.

The first Twilight made 200M OS, and the sequels made 400M-500M OS each. People forget how huge Twilight was. Not really fair to compare Divergent to it yet. Maybe when the sequel comes out? :wacko:

Well now i can't wait to read Queen of the Tearling!

It comes out in just 3 months and something!

The plot is very interesting and already a movie is in development with WB,David heyman as producer and EMMA WATSON as the star of the film!

:D

Early reviews are positive and they compare it with Game of thrones.

• Like 1

The first Twilight made 200M OS, and the sequels made 400M-500M OS each. People forget how huge Twilight was. Not really fair to compare Divergent to it yet. Maybe when the sequel comes out? :wacko:

But I didn't, the other guy did. Did you read the whole thread?

Isn't the huge OS rollout this weekend? What markets has it been released in already?ETA: I saw the release dates, they must be expecting a lot from European countries this weekend?

Edited by seegs

But I didn't, the other guy did. Did you read the whole thread?

What's wrong to compare? We do it here all the time. They are movies YA movies, Percy Jackson, Twilight and Hunger Games can be compared by the "size" of the film.

Divergent has some very strong pre-sales for today over here. Seems to be far above last week's CA2 OD. Walkouts may be shit, tho.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1