grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Yea I agree that anything under 200m would be a disappointment, and under Thor would be a failure compared to expectations, like ST2 was.  There were so many factors that should have made Thor 2 so much bigger and just about everybody expected it to benefit and have a sizable increase.

Even boxoffice.com sites these factors. The THE AVENGERS EFFECT, the Thorki fans, and Hemsworth being as popular as ever. Everything is going for it, that is why saying making a number above the first is a win is sugar-coating imo. Remember, the budget was above the first too.

This is not like THG where the sequel could finish lower than, stay flat, or go a little bit higher than the first and say it's a win. THG made over 400 M. The first THOR made 181 M. There is so much room for growth for T: TDW with all the factors mentioned above.

Edited by kayumanggi

Even boxoffice.com sites these factors. The THE AVENGERS EFFECT, the Thorki fans, and Hemsworth being as popular as ever. Everything is going for it, that is why saying making a number above the first is a win is sugar-coating imo. Remember, the budget was above the first too.

This is not like THG where the sequel could finish lower than, stay flat, or go a little bit higher than the first. THG made over 400 M. The first THOR made 181 M. There is so much room for growth for T: TDW with all the factors mentioned above.

Yup, we'll have to wait a bit for more concrete numbers but if they stay the same as the Gitesh estimates then it would be a big disappointment for Marvel.

85-90m. 250m max.

And 190 M or 200 M is still a "win"? There were reasons why you, the others and I expected for numbers at least 60 M above the first one. Please do not misunderstand me, I just don't think finishing a few million above the first is a win. I guess our definitions of "win" are different.

• Like 1

Yup, we'll have to wait a bit for more concrete numbers but if they stay the same as the Gitesh estimates then it would be a big disappointment for Marvel.

The good thing though is that THOR lll will happen. I just want an epic Thor movie. It's the trilogy-ender so please enough of these "ok" entries.

And 190 M or 200 M is still a "win"? There were reasons why you, the others and I expected for numbers at least 60 M above the first one. Please do not misunderstand me, I just don't think finishing a few million above the first is a win. I guess our definitions of "win" are different.

I said 250m is the max. I think 200m is a win.

Holy shit, really? Cuz my guess was.... 90.773

I should reveal it now but as its already out there...It gets better than that, Grim actually sent me 90.773M, You both predicted exactly the same to 3 decimal places.

I call Sock Puppetry!!!