grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

I'm just Saying, by that definition, a lot of people have broken the rules in the Thor thread. ;)

I haven't been in that thread and if you guys see spoilers being mentioned, you should report it.  Box office forum is SPOILER FREE.

I don't see the disappointment here, I think it's performing exactly as it should. This has been the weakest looking film from the Marvel Universe and for it to still hit 75+ on its OW is still pretty impressive. My 77m OW prediction is looking pretty good ;)

Now You See Me  75 million

This is the End 32 million

The Heat  43 million

We're The Millers 37 million

The Butler 30 million

The Conjuring 20 million

Grown Ups 2 80 million

Planes 50 million

Turbo was a bomb

Tent Poles are films that usually have at least over 100 million in production costs the only two by the loosest definition are Now You see Me and Grown Ups 2 the rest are not no matter how much they made

I don't think you understand what a tentpole is.  It has nothing to do with budget.  And whether or not the film was a bomb has nothing to do with it having a good multiplier or not.  And can you explain to me how Planes was a bomb?  A 50 million dollar budget and a WW gross of 4X it's budget?  In what universe is that a bomb?

Sources tell me #Thor heading to about $28-30M for today. Wknd may reach mid 70s.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/398982854308556800

No more sugar-coating. That would be disappointing.

You know that was posted about an hour ago and 3 or 4 pages back?  :)

• Like 1

A mid-70s OW would be a dagger in BKB's heart

Only 7 million preview was essentially a dagger in his heart considering he thinks this was doing 400 million.

Oh well, he'll come back strong for Captain America ... you know by April people will be clamoring for it ... so 400 million will be easy ;)

Edited by Adam

Spot on with my current prediction 

@giteshpandya: Sources tell me #Thor heading to about $28-30M for today. Wknd may reach mid 70s.https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/398982854308556800

months ago, I said that if TDW had IM2-IM3 bump, it would make 75-78m  :bravo: