grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

I thought the same about trek 2. Trek had awesome WOM and with Trek 2 should increase. But that did not happen. So I would not say anything is locked. I am legend/Hobbit etc had < 4x legs. I would say Hobbit OW was a disappointment as well. So pre christmas weekend might reduce the OW potential.

I think because no movie has done 100M+ in December its hard to imagine it. Even predicting 150M+ is how do you get that #? Look at Avatar/The Hobbit made appox 25M non-midnights OD, VII will need double that to do 150M+ Its hard to imagine at this time.

During pre-christmas weekend. You are going to be disappointed big time like your thor 2 prediction which is 50% over prediction.

Sure, you could be right but I just can't see a small opening for SW7. Even if my prediction seems high, I just can't see it missing 100M OW.

What is your OW prediction? 

How the heck is 120 million OW unreasonable for SW? 

Because it's December, and a lot people (families) may wait for Christmas weekend

It's going to have two enormous weekends, which will make up for what may be a muted OW

• Like 1

Why are folks saying Thor is underperforming? Or are folks looking for reasons to meltdown?An $82M weekend is huge in November. It's increased over its predecessor, so there's obviously some Avengers effect (I'm beginning to hate that phrase). Despite what folks are saying, I don't expect Captain America to do much more than this.Thor isn't Twilight or Potter or even James Bond.

No one said it should be TWILIGHT, HP or BOND. The expectations were 85 M - 100 M. Disney gave a 'lowballed' expectation of 80 M. This is a sequel and that means it's gonna be frontloaded. With THG: CF opening in two weeks, it will be hit hard. Might finish with 200 M, give or take 10 M.

Buddy, if I can lose 30 pounds in 30 days, and I'm not making a 200 million dollar movie, these guys can lose whatever weight needs to be lost to make them suitable for the part.

Did you do that, or are you just trying to make a point? If you did, congrats. I'm impressed.

I think the old SW fans were burned by the prequels. And I think the new ones don't even really know who Luke, Leia and Han are.

Sure, you could be right but I just can't see a small opening for SW7. Even if my prediction seems high, I just can't see it missing 100M OW.

What is your OW prediction? 

I am predicting 110/375 Domestic/1.1BWW at this point. I know its conservative but I want to keep my expectations low(I have stated my reasons couple of pages back).

And they still made huge amounts if money. And were ten years ago, and main thing. This new movie is NOT a sequel to these prequels (with Hayden Christensen reprising his role as Anakin ) or something

Episode VII will make money, there's no doubt about that. But with the prequels there is reason to be hesitant about the film's quality and Abrams certainly has his detractors.

Decent opening for Thor. The Marvel machine keeps chugging along.