grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

LOL@ JP IV, ID-4 2, or another fucking Iron Man solo film being more anticipated than the final Hunger Games movie, and I say that with JP 1 and Independence Day as two of my favorite movies ever made. MJ 2 is going to be fucking massive- with a DH2 like finale increase, it could do 450+. I am willing to bet (literally bet) that it does 100 million more than the beloved Hobbit 3.

Hunger Games franchise will only be around for less than four years. Not exactly enough time to develop a generation of fans that will drive up the final installment to higher numbers than the others

I would say MJ2 will be most rapid anticipation for 2015. 

However to suggest THG has as much clout as SW or TA in the whole general audience... please. 

TA2 and SW7 are like the TA and TDKR of 2012. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Come on now. regardless of who's anticipating it, evidence suggests that  THG CF is highly anticipated. It's been in the Fandango 5 almost everyday since tickets went on sale. Don't downplay it. The anticipation is high.

I did not care for 1st Hunger Games move but the franchise has tremendous potential to increase in OS markets and be one of a kind franchise in domestic with all movies grossing close to 400M(or more). I see CF making 500M OS while MJ1/2 can gross > 600M OS(last one might even hit 700M).

So there is a chance that MJ2 could beat SW7 though currently I would bet otherwise. Avengers should beat SW7 WW and next bond has a chance(but I am not sure if that will beat Skyfall). Currently I would predict in the below order.

Avengers 2

SW7

MJ2

Bond 24

B&S will increase from MOS bcos Batman is in it but wont come close to 1B. I am thinking 850m WW for now.

Come on now. regardless of who's anticipating it, evidence suggests that  THG CF is highly anticipated. It's been in the Fandango 5 almost everyday since tickets went on sale. Don't downplay it. The anticipation is high.

Yeah I see 170 million 

Avengers 2

SW7

MJ2

Bond 24

Hey Keyzer you think TA 2 can increase more overseas or has it reached a limit?

I think TA2 should be the first film in a while to break 1 billion overseas.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Why? There's nothing wrong with it. MJ2 is a film that can work really well with the split. 

Mayhaps the films will improve, but it is sad when a lower-rent/quality YA literary franchise kneecaps the King of the YA franchises.

Edited by 4815162342

I did not care for 1st Hunger Games move but the franchise has tremendous potential to increase in OS markets and be one of a kind franchise in domestic with all movies grossing close to 400M(or more). I see CF making 500M OS while MJ1/2 can gross > 600M OS(last one might even hit 700M).

So there is a chance that MJ2 could beat SW7 though currently I would bet otherwise. Avengers should beat SW7 WW and next bond has a chance(but I am not sure if that will beat Skyfall). Currently I would predict in the below order.

Avengers 2

SW7

MJ2

Bond 24

B&S will increase from MOS bcos Batman is in it but wont come close to 1B. I am thinking 850m WW for now.

Agree mostly.

But ID2 should nt be underestimated too.

Yeah I see 170 million 

Hey Keyzer you think TA 2 can increase more overseas or has it reached a limit?

I think TA2 should be the first film in a while to break 1 billion overseas.

I think it will increase for sure as Asia will give it a big boost(as will Latin America). Even with Europe dropping a bit overall it should increase. I think if China gives it as open a release as 1st one then it will gross 1B OS for sure.

• Like 1

Mayhaps the films will improve, but it is sad when a lower-rent/quality YA literary franchise kneecaps the King of the YA franchises.

It's not like MJ2 will do anywhere close to DH2 worldwide. And THG already beat DH2, so...Potter will always be the King of the YA franchises. 

For MJ2 to do 1.1b, that would literally still put it behind 6 Potter films worldwide (adjusted).