Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

It's just weird that they chose Rooney Mara over Lupita.

Plus, race is always an issue in the movies. If you don't wanna cause controversy, then don't cast a Caucasian female as an Indian. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

Never change, Hollywood: it's going to be so multicultural, except for the leads! I guess they want posters from the Oscar watching sites to be there opening day, as that's the only crowd where Rooney Mara is remotely a draw. I guess, given the director involved, I'm mildly surprised they didn't go with Keira Knightley, since they're pretty much the same age (maybe Keira turned it down first, lol).

• Like 1

http://www.thewrap.com/garrett-hedlunds-captain-hook-finds-smee-four-lions-star-exclusive/

Posted Image

Joe Wright's “Pan” will star Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard, while Rooney Mara is in negotiations to play Tiger Lily

In keeping with the multi-racial Neverland that director Joe Wright plans to create, “Four Lions” star Adeel Akhtar has been cast as Smee in Warner Bros.’ big-budget tentpole “Pan,” an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

So this weekend will effectively be Joe Wright vs. Edgar Wright.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Intersting premise for the movie:

The film will be a new take on the classic story. It is set during WWII and follows an orphan who is kidnapped by pirates and brought to Neverland, where he discovers he’s destined to save the land from the pirate Blackbeard.

Edited by grim22

I guess they have to make up for casting Rooney "Whitest of the White" Mara as an Native American princess.

It's okay, a few of the supporting characters will be played by people of color. DIVERSITY

• Like 2

....so basically, they're inventing an entire different story and shoehorning the title on because of the familiarity.

Ra's al Hook trains Bruce Pan to take down the evil within Gothamland, only when Ra's al Hook thinks that the Native Americans are also part of the evil, Bruce Pan rebels to become the hero Gothamland deserves.Pan Begins
  • Like 5