ecstasy

Monday 11/11/2013 Numbers-TDW -$10,417,194

Weekdays estimate is too blulish but 150 by Sunday seems right.

Dont see it dropping below 36 million this weekend.

Thor 2 is fine

Even with a 60% drop against CF which I doubt it should be near 200 million after Thanksgiving.

I don't think it hits 40m this weekend, but we'll see how the weekly drops go.

40m? I believe that would be a better hold than Skyfall. Unlikely imo

And I was actually thinking that it's more likely to be at 111 by Thursday than 112. Suffice it to say, it's going to be a big challenge to hit 150 on Sunday. And 200 by Catching Fire's OW is obviously impossible.

This year Universal brought out all their biggest draws (Fast/Furious and Despicable Me).

Last year Sony brought out all of theirs (MIB, Spidey, Bond).

DM2 is almost at 1b ww.

That's insanely good.

This year Universal brought out all their biggest draws (Fast/Furious and Despicable Me).

Last year Sony brought out all of theirs (MIB, Spidey, Bond).

2012 is Sony's dream year. MIB & SPIDEY take no effort to make but

SKYFALL is a classy Bond. This year on the other hand...

I don't see why Thor is going to have a monumental drop next weekend when Katniss comes out.

Here's 2009 when both New Moon and The Blind Side came out.  The drops for a lot of movies ranged between 45-65%.  But some of the bigger drops were for horror films and of course for 2012 in its second weekend.  I think Thor will hold up just fine.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2009&wknd=47&p=.htm

• Like 1

I don't see why Thor is going to have a monumental drop next weekend when Katniss comes out.

Here's 2009 when both New Moon and The Blind Side came out.  The drops for a lot of movies ranged between 45-65%.  But some of the bigger drops were for horror films and of course for 2012 in its second weekend.  I think Thor will hold up just fine.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2009&wknd=47&p=.htm

because Catching Fire has more male appeal than Twilight does which can cross over with Thor.